Thread: The 3 biggest reasons many Americans will vote for Romney are:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I'm still prepared to vote for Cain.

HONKEYS FOR HERMAN!
    dood, I know. Something awful and twisted is happening to the US. It's like the media, the political establishment, the banking sector and unions (lets just say "large influential organizations") are all each trying to select the government. What is best for Americans is not even a consideration, and what Americans actually want is not even a consideration (hence all the push-polls, rhetoric and spin).

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    and what Americans actually want is not even a consideration
    Shouldn't that read "and what I actually want is not even a consideration".
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Not really. Which part do you disagree with? The media being dishonest (trying to shape our beliefs rather than report news), or the political establishment (on both sides) playing games instead of actually trying to fix the country?

dood, I know. Something awful and twisted is happening to the US. It's like the media, the political establishment, the banking sector and unions (lets just say "large influential organizations") are all each trying to select the government. What is best for Americans is not even a consideration, and what Americans actually want is not even a consideration (hence all the push-polls, rhetoric and spin).
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Not really. Which part do you disagree with? The media being dishonest (trying to shape our beliefs rather than report news), or the political establishment (on both sides) playing games instead of actually trying to fix the country?
    It's a double-edged sword.

Actually, that's not right. It's not a two-edged sword. It's a fragmentation grenade: the unintended consequences just hurt everyone in blast radius indiscriminately. I don't really want a government to decide or even react to "what is best for Americans," other than the military mandate set out in the Constitution. That's a very dangerous slope indeed. More of a sheer cliff than a slope, actually. I do not believe that the folks on the Potomac should even be trying to "fix the country." That's not for them to do; they should set out boundaries and tell the country to fix itself, but they're going to stay out of the way.

At the same time, if people inside the Beltway genuinely had something at least vaguely resembling such noble intentions, they would be sticking to the Constitution in the first place and not trying to be some sort of federal nursemaid based out of the Federal Triangle.

I don't particularly blame anyone for advocating what they would like politically, not even the media. We all have that right as Americans, even people acting for corporations. The problem is the dishonesty and lopsidedness of it. Those who would point out that the federal government has gone much, much too far are virtually lynched. None are allowed to actually engage in the freedom that the media (in particular) claim to champion.

One of the biggest "successes" that the Left can claim is that they have succeeded, quite well I might add, in dumbing down a couple of generations to have no real understanding of how our government is supposed to work. Virtually no one under the age of 40 today actually understands that there is a difference between what the federal government is supposed to do and what the states are supposed to do. Civics classes, once considered the most important classes in schools, have now disappeared from the landscape. They've been replaced with stupid shit like "conflict resolution" and how to recycle your Evian bottle. Instead of teaching that there is dignity and honor in working with one's hands, and that such a job would offer a rewarding and well-paying career, at least two generations have been told that they will never be anything but fry cooks unless they get a four-year degree in African womyns' sociological studies or some other such idiotic bullshit that will never, ever do anything but a disservice to those "students" in the real world.

Sadly, I don't really know what is to be done to reverse this damage. We can't just print up inspirational figures nor can we just manage to somehow eliminate the terrible influences on young people's lives. We can't fire tenured professors, as much as I'd like to. We can't force rappers to stop telling young Black kids that they should wear their pants around their ankles and drink sizzurp. We can't force teenagers to not put a fucking bolt in their nose because some day they might want a job in a bank. I wish to hell that there was a way to do so within American law and custom, but there isn't, other than trying to overflow the colleges, high schools, and the arts with people who aren't going to take this crap any more.

Once upon a time not all that long ago, companies "groomed" people to come in on the ground floor and work their way to the top floor. Perhaps it's time to go back to that model. I think that might do a lot both for getting people to learn trades and for getting some of the corporate influence out of Washington (whatever there is; I think that's grossly overblown, frankly).
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Conservatives were completely prepared to vote for Cain. Heck, many conservatives tried to draft Condi Rice and Colin Powell.

Maybe I don't know what "black" means.
    Black is what Powell wasn't until he publicly announced he supported Obama. Black is no longer a skin color(in actuality they aren't black at all but varying shades of brown) but an ideology. A victim ideology. When it comes to blacks, Romney is 1,000,000% right.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

There's actually four reasons why Obumbler should not be re-elected:

It is nice to see that race is still all they have.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _