Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's lower than what I pay.

All my state, local and federal taxes (including SS deductions) add up to about 33% of my paycheck. Even though I'm a government elite and all, I only make about $52,000 a year.
    That 14% added up to several million dollars in taxes, not to mention a greater sum in the form of charitable donations. He apparently gave about 30% of his income to charity, as opposed to 5% for the Obamas and .1% for Biden. Of course, Obama is very generous with the tax money that he got from Romney, but that's another issue.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

All my state, local and federal taxes (including SS deductions) add up to about 33% of my paycheck. Even though I'm a government elite and all, I only make about $52,000 a year.
    Let me know when you pay 2million a year, then you have a right to complain about what he pays.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That 14% added up to several million dollars in taxes, not to mention a greater sum in the form of charitable donations. He apparently gave about 30% of his income to charity, as opposed to 5% for the Obamas and .1% for Biden. Of course, Obama is very generous with the tax money that he got from Romney, but that's another issue.
    I don't even bother to bring up his charitable giving, the only charity liberals see is the govt, all others are waste of money the govt could be spending.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Wow, aren't we gleaning what we want. Do me a favor. Go back read the article and pay close attention where it says FEDERAL TAX. Then further down the article it says where the Romney's paid state and local taxes as well. And you "only" make $52K a year? Holy shit are you arrogant.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'm sure that's true. But what you say will be true no matter which tax plan is taken.
    You will always pay a greater portion of your income for taxes on food, gasoline, clothing, real estate taxes, and almost anything you can name. A greater portion of your income is subject to social security, too.
    It's all true.
    But, so what? Romney worked for 4 years as governor of Mass, and accepted no salary; isn't that really a form of tax payment for him? He just left it all in the state treasury.

This endless spinning of who pays what percentage of what is a distraction from the question before us, which is, "what is best for this country, and what will enable us to regain fiscal footing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Let me know when you pay 2million a year, then you have a right to complain about what he pays.
    It's not the amount she's commenting on, it's the percentage. We can argue about percentages and on what type of income but the amount is irrelevant.
    Be Not Afraid.

Hey I know! How about the govt spends less.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Obama and crew are very good at donations to charity, they just use our tax dollars and when that runs out they borrow more from China.

Also, the 14% is based on capital gains tax which is what his income is taxed at. He doesn't collect an income anymore so all he makes are investment payoffs. Meaning, the tax he paid is a double dip because he already had been taxed on it once. But facts like this are strange little buggers, aren't they?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The amount I pay hurts me more than it hurts Romney, since I don't have as much to begin with.

I really don't care how much people give to charity, that's their decision to make. I probably give about 5%, not counting money I give to street people.