Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The amount I pay hurts me more than it hurts Romney, since I don't have as much to begin with.


    I really don't care how much people give to charity, that's their decision to make. I probably give about 5%, not counting money I give to street people.

    Oh so you are one of those people that thinks giving to the govt is more important then Charity? When the govt cuts taxes do you ask how are they going to pay for it? Like its the govt's money not the peoples?

    Sorry I dont care how much one makes giving 2 mill to the govt is too much.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The amount I pay hurts me more than it hurts Romney, since I don't have as much to begin with.


    I really don't care how much people give to charity, that's their decision to make. I probably give about 5%, not counting money I give to street people.
    I really don't care what other people pay. The whole system is geared not be be fair but to be some type of social engineering scheme. If Romney pays less than I do then more power to him. There is a large segment of the population that pays nothing and that bothers me a little because it is basically buying voting.

    I have yet to have the question answered as to why I should be more concerned about how Romney handles his money than how the libs handle my money?

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The amount I pay hurts me more than it hurts Romney, since I don't have as much to begin with.


    I really don't care how much people give to charity, that's their decision to make. I probably give about 5%, not counting money I give to street people.
    Once again for the slow to learn: Romney made money. He was taxed on that money. He took what was left and invested it. Those investments lead to more money(not all the time this is why investing is a risk). The money he makes from those investments is called a capital gain. Based on that, he is taxed on these capital gains. Now I'm going to go real slow for you, k? This means that the money that was already taxed and made him more money is taxed AGAIN. Hence, he is being taxed twice on basically the same dollar. Now, you, Obama, and everyone else who works and takes in an income gets taxed on that income ONCE by the federal government. Understand now?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The amount I pay hurts me more than it hurts Romney, since I don't have as much to begin with.
    B-b-b-b-but... I thought that paying taxes was a good thing, because it finances the programs that you believe in. How can that hurt you?


    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I really don't care how much people give to charity, that's their decision to make. I probably give about 5%, not counting money I give to street people.
    First, any money that you give to street people will subsidize the most violent drug-dealers in your neighborhood. That's not charity, it's idiocy. Second, you've got it backwards. Taxes are money that the state extracts from us, with or without our consent. Complaining about Romney's tax rate doesn't reflect badly on him, he pays what he's ordered to pay. OTOH, charity, real charity, not chump change that makes you feel better but ruins the quality of life for your neighbors by financing the worst habits of the worst street punks, is a function of compassion and a desire to help others. That's supposedly what liberals want in a president, or at least it's what they pretend to want, until somebody actually crunches the numbers, but what it really comes down to is that the Obamas and Bidens of the world are stingy, envious and greedy for power, while the Romneys of the world actually seem to care about people.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,441
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's lower than what I pay.



    All my state, local and federal taxes (including SS deductions) add up to about 33% of my paycheck. Even though I'm a government elite and all, I only make about $52,000 a year.
    Tax deductions are legal, he did not even claim all he could.

    So if you pay in 33%, how much do you get back? I'm pretty sure the Romneys paid the max into Social Security all those years he was working...Have you given 4 million to charity yet this year?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,441
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I really don't care what other people pay. The whole system is geared not be be fair but to be some type of social engineering scheme. If Romney pays less than I do then more power to him. There is a large segment of the population that pays nothing and that bothers me a little because it is basically buying voting.

    I have yet to have the question answered as to why I should be more concerned about how Romney handles his money than how the libs handle my money?

    Good points.

    I would like to take a look at the tax returns of those writing those huge checks to the Dem's Super PACs....

    Let's not forget that Harry Reid lied about Romney not paying ANY income tax....libs love this stuff....I don't.....Libs lie....ALL THE TIME. Where are Harry's tax returns?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    B-b-b-b-but... I thought that paying taxes was a good thing, because it finances the programs that you believe in. How can that hurt you?




    First, any money that you give to street people will subsidize the most violent drug-dealers in your neighborhood. That's not charity, it's idiocy. Second, you've got it backwards. Taxes are money that the state extracts from us, with or without our consent. Complaining about Romney's tax rate doesn't reflect badly on him, he pays what he's ordered to pay. OTOH, charity, real charity, not chump change that makes you feel better but ruins the quality of life for your neighbors by financing the worst habits of the worst street punks, is a function of compassion and a desire to help others. That's supposedly what liberals want in a president, or at least it's what they pretend to want, until somebody actually crunches the numbers, but what it really comes down to is that the Obamas and Bidens of the world are stingy, envious and greedy for power, while the Romneys of the world actually seem to care about people.

    If a beggar asks me for change and I have it, I give it to him or her. It's his responsibility what he does with that money. I'm not going to ask "Lord, when did I see you hungry" when I die, because it's a really stupid question for a person living in Detroit to ask.


    It's easy to be generous when you make $14 million a year. But as a "government elite", I only make $52,000 a year. Romney's running mate wants to take the only deduction I get (other than charity) by eliminating my mortgage deduction-I guess that Ryan really could care less about the middle class, since that is who benefits the most from a mortgage deduction.

    I am generous with what I have, but I don't really have that much. I do have skills, and I prepare food for people frequently, for church events, for community events and so on. I spend my money on the kids I work with because our system does not provide all of the things they need, nonetheless things that kids want, like toys and such. It's not about charity or tax deductions to me, it's about being generous today with what I have today.

    To be honest, I don't understand why a person who makes $14 million a year would have a problem with paying the same tax rate that I pay. If I made that much, I really wouldn't mind paying 33% of my income in taxes. I don't have a problem with paying it now, if rich people paid the same percentage that I do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If a beggar asks me for change and I have it, I give it to him or her. It's his responsibility what he does with that money. I'm not going to ask "Lord, when did I see you hungry" when I die, because it's a really stupid question for a person living in Detroit to ask.


    It's easy to be generous when you make $14 million a year. But as a "government elite", I only make $52,000 a year. Romney's running mate wants to take the only deduction I get (other than charity) by eliminating my mortgage deduction-I guess that Ryan really could care less about the middle class, since that is who benefits the most from a mortgage deduction.

    I am generous with what I have, but I don't really have that much. I do have skills, and I prepare food for people frequently, for church events, for community events and so on. I spend my money on the kids I work with because our system does not provide all of the things they need, nonetheless things that kids want, like toys and such. It's not about charity or tax deductions to me, it's about being generous today with what I have today.

    To be honest, I don't understand why a person who makes $14 million a year would have a problem with paying the same tax rate that I pay. If I made that much, I really wouldn't mind paying 33% of my income in taxes. I don't have a problem with paying it now, if rich people paid the same percentage that I do.

    I don't know how many times you liberals have to be told, HE PAID INCOME TAXES ON THAT MONEY, THEN HE INVESTED IT. HE THEN PAID CAPITAL GAINS ON IT. So for your slow of wit, HE PAID TAXES TWICE on the same money.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If a beggar asks me for change and I have it, I give it to him or her. It's his responsibility what he does with that money. I'm not going to ask "Lord, when did I see you hungry" when I die, because it's a really stupid question for a person living in Detroit to ask.


    It's easy to be generous when you make $14 million a year. But as a "government elite", I only make $52,000 a year. Romney's running mate wants to take the only deduction I get (other than charity) by eliminating my mortgage deduction-I guess that Ryan really could care less about the middle class, since that is who benefits the most from a mortgage deduction.

    I am generous with what I have, but I don't really have that much. I do have skills, and I prepare food for people frequently, for church events, for community events and so on. I spend my money on the kids I work with because our system does not provide all of the things they need, nonetheless things that kids want, like toys and such. It's not about charity or tax deductions to me, it's about being generous today with what I have today.

    To be honest, I don't understand why a person who makes $14 million a year would have a problem with paying the same tax rate that I pay. If I made that much, I really wouldn't mind paying 33% of my income in taxes. I don't have a problem with paying it now, if rich people paid the same percentage that I do.
    Are you purposely blowing by my posts? You must be because you seem to not see the difference between income tax and capital gains tax. For the last time, Mitt Romney does not collect an income. He collects dividends on his investments and he pays over the tax rate for capital gains. 2nd, I still over you're "only make $52K a year". I know of a few million people who would love to be making $52K a year about now. Stop whining about what someone else has and worry about yourself.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I don't know how many times you liberals have to be told, HE PAID INCOME TAXES ON THAT MONEY, THEN HE INVESTED IT. HE THEN PAID CAPITAL GAINS ON IT. So for your slow of wit, HE PAID TAXES TWICE on the same money.
    Actually that is not accurate. He received money that was taxed, he invested it, his is taxed on the money he earned minus the principle investment. Example, he invests $100.00 makes $25.00 and the total now in the investment is $125.00 but he is taxed on the $25.00 he made. Once that is taxed his new principle starts at $125.00 if he doesn't withdraw his profit.

    The profit is technically being taxed twice because the business he invested in paid taxes on the profit of which he received $25.00 and then he is taxed on his $25.00 portion.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •