Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    You know, for someone who's smart enough to join the Navy, learn how to work with nuclear power on ships/subs and apply for Annapolis, this PO Millen is one stupid squid for putting his name on a message and not thinking that someone could look him up by it in the internet age.
    You'd be surprised how many smart service members we have that lack even an iota of common sense.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    For the record...he'd have been find if he hadn't done this in uniform.

But the dumb shit just had to be in his winter blues when he did it.
    Idle curiosity question about that:

I thought that the rule was not just not engaging in political activity while in uniform, but also that one cannot represent oneself as speaking as part of the military on political matters. IOW, you can send a letter to the editor of the NYT that says:

To whom it may concern:

Barack Obama is an incompetent boob who should not be President.

Sincerely,
    txradioguy

But you can't send a letter to the editor of the NYT that says:

To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,
    SSgt txradioguy, 2/505, Germany

In short: didn't he screw himself by signing "Petty Officer Millen, USN" regardless of the uniform?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Idle curiosity question about that:

I thought that the rule was not just not engaging in political activity while in uniform, but also that one cannot represent oneself as speaking as part of the military on political matters. IOW, you can send a letter to the editor of the NYT that says:

To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,
    txradioguy

But you can't send a letter to the editor of the NYT that says:

To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,
    SSgt txradioguy, 2/505, Germany

In short: didn't he screw himself by signing "Petty Officer Millen, USN" regardless of the uniform?
    You're 100% right. I was too focused on the fact he was posting his idiocy in uniform and forgot to include that fact. Good catch.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Ohhhh, poor widdle victim. Why don't you cry me a river you little pathetic puke? Romney was OBVIOUSLY not including you in his comments. Nice try though, but sane and intelligent veterans are not going to fall for your failure to include vets in the dependency class. Now get back in line and collect your sympathy handout you fake veteran.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You're 100% right. I was too focused on the fact he was posting his idiocy in uniform and forgot to include that fact. Good catch.
    If this were a Republican serviceman complaining about Obama in the same manner, the liberals would have shit themselves in outrage. DU would have imploded.

Honestly, i think i'd be fine having military income be tax free, i mean they are doing the country a service by protecting it ... Ah well, just somethin to think about