Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Biden says mocking McCain was "terrible" 
    Biden says mocking McCain was "terrible"

36 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama's running mate says a campaign ad that mocked Republican presidential candidate John McCain as an out-of-touch, out-of-date computer illiterate was "terrible" and would not have been done had he known about it.

Obama, McCain's Democratic rival, launched the ad earlier this month, part of an aggressive push to slow McCain's rise in the polls after he chose Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. It included unflattering footage of Sen. McCain at a hearing in the early '80s, wearing giant glasses and an out-of-style suit, interspersed with shots of a disco ball, a clunky phone, an outdated computer and a Rubik's Cube
    Asked about the negative tone of the campaign, and this ad in particular, during an interview broadcast Monday by the "CBS Evening News," Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, said he disapproved of it.

"I thought that was terrible, by the way," Biden said.

Asked why it was done, he said: "I didn't know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we'd have never done it."

Banned
    This gets better and better. Some how I can see a three gun showdown between Obama, Hillary and Biden like at the end of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This gets better and better. Some how I can see a three gun showdown between Obama, Hillary and Biden like at the end of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
    Wait, if it's Obaaaahma, Biden and Hillary, wouldn't it be The Snob, The Gaffer and The Ugly?

The Mod Squad

one white, one black, one blond

He said it was terrible and that he wouldn't have approved it.

HE CHANGED HIS MIND THIS MORNING - and put out a statement saying (paraphrase) ... I hadn't seen the ad when I answered (so I didn't know what I was talking about when I spoke) and also John McCain has put out ads I don't like so he can't complain.

Seriously - that's pretty much what he said.

CHANGED HIS MIND (or the Chicago Mobsters who are running this thing changed it for him)
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Is this how the m0ssiah rises above politics as usual?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    He said it was terrible and that he wouldn't have approved it.

HE CHANGED HIS MIND THIS MORNING - and put out a statement saying (paraphrase) ... I hadn't seen the ad when I answered (so I didn't know what I was talking about when I spoke) and also John McCain has put out ads I don't like so he can't complain.

Seriously - that's pretty much what he said.

CHANGED HIS MIND (or the Chicago Mobsters who are running this thing changed it for him)
    Bullshit. He didn't change his mind. The Obamessiah's spin doctors got on the case and changed his mind for him.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Watch him - he knew exactly what he was saying. the campaign took him to the woodshed and "changed" his mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SKjTqgjq8E

When I saw this I assumed this was Obama's exit strategy for Biden from the ticket. How many goofs does he have to make in order to give Obama cover for dumping him?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Bullshit. He didn't change his mind. The Obamessiah's spin doctors got on the case and changed his mind for him.
    um .. you DID see that I gave two options, right? That he changed his minds OR the Chicago mobsters who are running Obama's machine changed it for him. Ya' saw that .. right?
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.