Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1 Best and Worst Modern Presidents. 
    Recycled Roadkill
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rank, from best to worst, the presidents since 1900. You can do a simple best to worst or more specific like Good, Medicore, Bad, etc. I'm curious to see people's rankings =)

    My list, in order from best to worst:

    Theodore Roosevelt
    Lyndon Johnson
    Franklin Roosevelt
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Richard Nixon
    Ronald W. Reagan
    Harry Truman
    Bill Clinton/George W. Bush
    George H.W. Bush
    Gerald R. Ford
    John F. Kennedy
    William H. Taft
    Warren G. Harding
    Calvin Coolidge
    William McKinley
    Jimmy Carter
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,777
    1. FDR-saved the nation from the depression, then went on to lead the world (with Churchill) against the Nazis and the Japanese.
    2. Truman-did what had to be done to end WWII.
    3. Bill Clinton-life was good in the 90s for Americans.
    4.Richard Nixon-despite his downfall, he was a brilliant diplomat.
    5. Gerald Ford-he put the country's needs before his own political career when he pardoned Nixon.
    6. LBJ-for the Civil Rights bill. He screwed up in Vietnam, though, and his signing of the Civil Rights bill was for selfish political reasons. It still needed to be passed.


    The worst is Hoover. Carter may not have been a very good President, but he was not the disaster Hoover was.

    I'm not commenting on Reagan's presidency. I hated him, but I know he was loved by most of the posters here. His death was very sad. It's ironic that a man known as "The Great Communicator" died of a disease that stripped him of that ability. Whatever else, he had great people skills.


    JFK was not in office very long, when you think about it. It's hard to judge his presidency fairly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Most worst to least worst:

    1) FDR - The father of American Socialism (And he was a racist). He didn't help the depression, he made it worse. WWII is what got us out of the depression. Not FDR's (supposed temporary) socialist ideals.

    2) Tie - obama and Carter.

    After November I will probably put obama in the number two slot and move Carter to the number three slot.

    The best President:

    1) Abraham Lincoln - Ended Slavery and won the Civil War
    2) Ronald Reagan - Turned this country around after the collapse that Carter left

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Most worst to least worst:

    1) FDR - The father of American Socialism (And he was a racist). He didn't help the depression, he made it worse. WWII is what got us out of the depression. Not FDR's (supposed temporary) socialist ideals.

    2) Tie - obama and Carter.

    After November I will probably put obama in the number two slot and move Carter to the number three slot.

    The best President:

    1) Abraham Lincoln - Ended Slavery and won the Civil War
    2) Ronald Reagan - Turned this country around after the collapse that Carter left
    First of all, disHonest Abe wasn't a president after 1900, which is the criteria set forth by the OP.

    Second, I would recommend reading "Lincoln Uber Alles: Dictatorship Comes to America" by John Avery before you slobber too much over how great lincoln was.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,205
    Now I know who squarehead is, it's CITM. He used to post crap like this before.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Now I know who squarehead is, it's CITM. He used to post crap like this before.
    He asked this exact same question too. I had to double check the post date as I kept thinking this was a resurrection of that old thread.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    The trouble with Rating Presidents as good or bad is a lot of people rate on information and/or occurrences long after the fact. Which in and of itself isn't without merit but one must attempt to rate based on information known at the time.

    My rating of the presidents in my lifetime , which would be from Eisenhower forward, is the best would be Reagan worst would be a tie between Carter/Obama. Obama still has time to secure last place though.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    First of all, disHonest Abe wasn't a president after 1900, which is the criteria set forth by the OP.

    Second, I would recommend reading "Lincoln Uber Alles: Dictatorship Comes to America" by John Avery before you slobber too much over how great lincoln was.
    Then in that case. Abe wouldn't be on the list. But the rest of my list still stands. FDR was the Worst, and Reagan was the best. Sorry to offend you...

    And why should I read a liberal book by an author who hated Lincoln? For all I know, the author could be for slavery and segregation, like the Dems aways were, and still are.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Then in that case. Abe wouldn't be on the list. But the rest of my list still stands. FDR was the Worst, and Reagan was the best. Sorry to offend you...

    And why should I read a liberal book by an author who hated Lincoln? For all I know, the author could be for slavery and segregation, like the Dems aways were, and still are.
    Maybe you might find out the author isn't a lib and dishonest abe was not what the lib historians would have you believe.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Reagan was a fantastic president... but I also feel favourably towards Clinton...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •