Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just threw a hissey fit in a store in Cape May, NJ... 
    link

Freedomofspeech (633 posts)

Just threw a hissey fit in a store in Cape May, NJ...

"Just for Laughs" had a President Obama punching bag in the window. I told them I would never buy another thing in their stores (including "Kaleidoscope" that is next door) or the two other stores they own in Cape May. Also selling a tee shirt with Bush's picture that says "Do you miss me yet?". I also told them I would inform all of my friends from the Pittsburgh Area that vacation in Cape May not to patronize their stores. I was not very quiet about it either. What a disgraceful thing to sell.
    Isn't it funny how they crow and laugh and ack snarky if it is something negative about President Bush or Romney, but are oh so offended at the "if it is about their savior Obama?
    SoapBox (3,971 posts)

2. I love what you did!

And here in California, I finally washed my car (?!?!?) and put on my "Forward" magnetic bumpersticker.

I'm starting with a magnetic one, that I can take off when I'm in "employee" parking at work (so that someone doesn't
    steal it...like they did my Breast Cancer awareness ribbon and my Support our Troops ribbon...nice.)

I'll go to the regular bumpersticker the 1st of October (and I have 3 in case someone screws those up).
    LibGranny (268 posts)

3. Good for you! If more people

stood up for their values this country would be much better off! Thanks.
    Hmmm.......seems to me that store was probably "standing up to their values".

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    LibGranny (268 posts)

3. Good for you! If more people

stood up for their values this country would be much better off! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    Hmmm.......seems to me that store was probably "standing up to their values".
    I wonder if she even realizes her hypocricy? Hopefully she reads this and it dawns on her.
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

May the FORCE be with you!

Cape May is a very nice town. Many, many people visit there every summer. I'm guessing this store will get along fine without the 3 people from Pittsburgh who might visit there.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Cape May is a very nice town. Many, many people visit there every summer. I'm guessing this store will get along fine without the 3 people from Pittsburgh who might visit there.
    Cape May. Known for puddle pirate training and booze....

God Bless the United States Coast Guard!

The above, is known as a JOKE NJ... 'ceptin' the USCG part. My brother went through boot there
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Freedomofspeech (633 posts)

Just threw a hissey fit in a store in Cape May, NJ...

"Just for Laughs" had a President Obama punching bag in the window. I told them I would never buy another thing in their stores (including "Kaleidoscope" that is next door) or the two other stores they own in Cape May. Also selling a tee shirt with Bush's picture that says "Do you miss me yet?". I also told them I would inform all of my friends from the Pittsburgh Area that vacation in Cape May not to patronize their stores. I was not very quiet about it either. What a disgraceful thing to sell.
    http://youtu.be/6uS5xPWfxPY?t=24s

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Cape May is a shithole as was Wildwood.... I spent two days in Cape May after boot camp and I will tell you, most of the businesses were closed and the "characters" near the beaches, especially in Wildwood, would make normal people walk the other way....

Maybe thing have changed since 1990 but it's Jersey for god's sake.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Cape May is a shithole as was Wildwood.... I spent two days in Cape May after boot camp and I will tell you, most of the businesses were closed and the "characters" near the beaches, especially in Wildwood, would make normal people walk the other way....

So you're saying the DUmmy could be telling the truth?

(I thought it was a bouncy, but maybe it's just a story from Jersey?)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post

Sounds to me like you let your time in boot camp color your experience, cape may and wildwood have been rated near the top in beaches in the country for many years.

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/a...on+ninth+world
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I have a mole over there and really wanted to pound the question of "if there were a bush punching bag" would you be upset? lol
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly