Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Question about "transgender" people to ponder 
    Why is it that if an American man slaps on a far-too-tight dress and some poorly-applied make-up and goes around calling himself a woman, he immediately becomes legally recognized as a woman, but if he were to slap on a Crocodile Dundee hat and starts speaking with an Australian accent, he would never automatically become legally recognized as a citizen of Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Why is it that if an American man slaps on a far-too-tight dress and some poorly-applied make-up and goes around calling himself a woman, he immediately becomes legally recognized as a woman, but if he were to slap on a Crocodile Dundee hat and starts speaking with an Australian accent, he would never automatically become legally recognized as a citizen of Australia?
    Because Australia has an army and women don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Because Australia has an army and women don't.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Why do you care? A couple of days ago I took my mom's dog to the veterinarian. A woman walked in, signed in, and then took a seat in the waiting room. I glanced over, and then looked again, wondering, "Is that a transexual?" And then decided it was none of my business.

Seriously: What difference does it make? If the clerk at Kentucky Fried Chicken is a drag queen or a tranny, as long as he or she is doing the job well, clean, and complying with all codes, does your business entitle you to an opinion of her appearance, biology, or character?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Why do you care? A couple of days ago I took my mom's dog to the veterinarian. A woman walked in, signed in, and then took a seat in the waiting room. I glanced over, and then looked again, wondering, "Is that a transexual?" And then decided it was none of my business.

Seriously: What difference does it make? If the clerk at Kentucky Fried Chicken is a drag queen or a tranny, as long as he or she is doing the job well, clean, and complying with all codes, does your business entitle you to an opinion of her appearance, biology, or character?
    Yes it does matter dummy, it offends good taste.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Because you don't choose your sex. The XY chromosome is written on every single cell of our body before we're even born, you don't get to pick which one you want. No matter how much surgery a transgender has they will ALWAYS be the gender they were from birth, of course there are actual hermaphrodites which are the exception not the rule and I would suppose that the whatever reproductive organ they have the more complete of is the one they should go with.

Sorry, but autonomy clashes with gender

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Because you don't choose your sex. The XY chromosome is written on every single cell of our body before we're even born, you don't get to pick which one you want. No matter how much surgery a transgender has they will ALWAYS be the gender they were from birth, of course there are actual hermaphrodites which are the exception not the rule and I would suppose that the whatever reproductive organ they have the more complete of is the one they should go with.

Sorry, but autonomy clashes with gender
    Oh yeah! Well just because a fellow can bench 400 pounds and has a crank dangling between his legs doesn't mean that he can't identify as a woman. Maybe sometimes a fellow gets the menstrual cramps real hard.................
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think to be legally recognized as a person who is now a woman, the man has to get it chopped off. So if he gets rid of it, fine by me. If not, he is a man in a dress.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Something doesn't have to matter for someone to have a valid question about it. It didn't matter to me how far Jupiter is from the Earth but I was curious enough to look for the answer. Why do I care? I haven't a clue. I just wanted to know. Is that a crime?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Something doesn't have to matter for someone to have a valid question about it. It didn't matter to me how far Jupiter is from the Earth but I was curious enough to look for the answer. Why do I care? I haven't a clue. I just wanted to know. Is that a crime?
    I wasn't aware that Hubie was asking an actual question.

There is nothing wrong with curiosity or even a somewhat hostile desire to know about some human condition. Perhaps Hubie is only referring to a select group of poorly executed transitions and presentations rather than the categorical statement I inferred. Southern grace is to always first allow for the best possible motive, but Hubie has never demonstrated anything close to open mindedness or compassion so I won't lash myself too severely.