Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I think to be legally recognized as a person who is now a woman, the man has to get it chopped off. So if he gets rid of it, fine by me. If not, he is a man in a dress.
    So if a man has lost his penis in an explosion or medical condition but dresses like a man then you are OK with it, but if in some convoluted twist of fate he realizes that he's always felt female, it's serendipity?

I think to be legally recognized as a person who is now a woman, the man has to get it chopped off. So if he gets rid of it, fine by me. If not, he is a man in a dress.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Darlin, he is always a man in a dress. It takes more than chopping off a penis to create a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Darlin, he is always a man in a dress. It takes more than chopping off a penis to create a woman.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Chromesomes don't lie.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Sorry, still a guy. Lobotomies don't change chromosomes.

Tell me: if you add a penis to a woman surgically, does that make her a man?

Sorry, still a guy. Lobotomies don't change chromosomes.

Tell me: if you add a penis to a woman surgically, does that make her a man?
    I know if you add one temporarily it makes her happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wasn't aware that Hubie was asking an actual question.

There is nothing wrong with curiosity or even a somewhat hostile desire to know about some human condition. Perhaps Hubie is only referring to a select group of poorly executed transitions and presentations rather than the categorical statement I inferred. Southern grace is to always first allow for the best possible motive, but Hubie has never demonstrated anything close to open mindedness or compassion so I won't lash myself too severely.
    I think the question is interesting in that nationality is not an essential characteristic of a human being but biological sex is. Yet, it is harder to get society (and the law, apparently) to accept you as a different nationality than if, these days, you claim to be a different sex contrary to your anatomy. It is becoming more acceptable legally these days to claim another biological sex, but you still need a bloody passport to claim legitimate nationality. You see, I was only half joking when I said that it's because women don't have an army like countries do.

Think of it this way: Ru Paul cannot go to Australia and tell Australians how to be Australians--especially, not citing personal experience. But he CAN have a TV show where he shows real, genetically female WOMEN how to be women. Actually, what he is teaching them is acting like a drag queen, which, in itself, is female caricature. But think about it. Imagine Chaz Bono teaching men to be men. You think Rock or any genetic male would take lessons? I imagine that one day Bono (or someone like her/him) will do this, and there wlll be a big to-do, but in the end, there's no protection on the borders of gender and no passport.

So Hubie's original question (or statement, if the question was merely rhetorical) is actually quite intriguing philosophically.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I know if you add one temporarily it makes her happy!
    Unless she's gay, in which case you're bound to get a pound of lead shot into you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So if a man has lost his penis in an explosion or medical condition but dresses like a man then you are OK with it, but if in some convoluted twist of fate he realizes that he's always felt female, it's serendipity?
    I am talking about the actual on the books law. I think it's an interesting topic. I side with chromosomes unless they have voluntarily made alterations to meet any laws in regards to gender transformation.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger