Thread: Why did Obama leave NY without meeting any international leaders?

Hybrid View

1. #1 Why did Obama leave NY without meeting any international leaders? 
    Tue Sep 25, 2012, 10:27 PM
    Shanti Mama (645 posts)

Why did Obama leave NY without meeting any international leaders?
    Last edited Tue Sep 25, 2012, 10:55 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Edit: since I'm being blasted for asking for others' insight, let me explain.
    I support Obama. I love him, most of the time.
    He is the first in many, many years to not take advantage of this opportunity. Including previous presidents.
    He had an opportunity to meet the new Egyptian president for the first time.
    People on DU are sometimes very smart and might have been able to shed some light on his decision, provide ideas that I haven't thought of.
    Instead most of you are being jerks.
    Sorry I'm human.

Seems he should have used this opportunity. He has never met several of these key leaders and seems to have blown a significant foreign policy opportunity.

His spokesman says his calendar is busy. The only thing on the official calendar is a campaign appearance.

Any ideas to help me feel more comfortable about his decision?4
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251107466

Response to Shanti Mama (Original post)
    Tue Sep 25, 2012, 10:38 PM
    alcibiades_mystery (25,308 posts)
    7. Wowie!

You got up to 600 posts! Impressive. Your dumbass colleague houstonguy is flaming out already!
    Reply to this post
    Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Response to alcibiades_mystery (Reply #7)
    Tue Sep 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
    Shanti Mama (645 posts)
    20. Why do you have to be mean when someone is trying to learn?

I love DU because people post interesting info. I did not see any discussion of this and wanted to see if any of the SMART people have info/insights that would help.

Forget it.
    Reply to this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Response to Shanti Mama (Reply #20)
    Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:01 PM
    alcibiades_mystery (25,308 posts)
    23. Oh please

You're not fooling anyone.

It is funny that you feel the need to troll, though. Confident people don't troll. You're losing and you know it.
    Reply to this post

Response to alcibiades_mystery (Reply #23)
    Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:35 PM
    Shanti Mama (645 posts)
    31. I'm not trolling. I reported the person whose post was removed.

I think if you look at my posts you'll see that I am thoughtful and considerate, and dislike name calling. I have been on DU since the early 2000s though I was booted off early on for asking what FR stood for. I petitioned to be reinstated after a few months and rejoined.

I feel accosted almost every time I post a question or thought on DU. Please relax and back off.
    Reply to this post

Response to alcibiades_mystery (Reply #23)
    Wed Sep 26, 2012, 12:05 AM
    gateley (58,651 posts)
    38. I am always dismayed when DUers jump on someone who is asking a question. And

I think the OP's question is legit. I'd be interested to know the reasoning, too, if only to get a better understanding of the politics involved.

People DO have legitimate concerns, you know. Why can't you be more trusting of a fellow DUer? We're all on the same side.
    Reply to this post

DO NOT QUESTION THE WON (unless you love pain and pizza)!!!
    Last edited by Jim54; 09-27-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Good grief they are not tolerating even the simplest questions about their hero are they?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

He didn't meet individual leaders because he didn't have meetings planned. He didn't have meetings planned because he's the President of the United States and he's fucking busy.
    Doesn't being President of the United States mean you meet with other world leaders? Isn't that the job? The apologists are beyond ridiculous in that thread. All that is going on in the world and douchebag POTUS visits rape-rape Whooi Goldberg instead of leaders of nations where our embassies are being stormed.

Domestic failure. International failure. Economic failure. Country divided worse than I've ever seen. I can't believe this guy is going to get reelected.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Doesn't being President of the United States mean you meet with other world leaders? Isn't that the job? The apologists are beyond ridiculous in that thread. All that is going on in the world and douchebag POTUS visits rape-rape Whooi Goldberg instead of leaders of nations where our embassies are being stormed.

Domestic failure. International failure. Economic failure. Country divided worse than I've ever seen. I can't believe this guy is going to get reelected.
    It has me sick that people are so gullible and stupid to believe all the lies coming out of his mouth (and of his fellow dems).

Just got a call, a poll for voters in Florida. It asked to press 1 for Obama, 2 for Romney. I pressed 2 and it said "Are you definitely going to vote for Barack Obama". I almost shouted NO. I knew it wouldn't do any good to try to press #'s again. They had their agenda. No matter what I said, they'd translate it into a vote for Obama.

They finally must have had some voice recognition, as finally the question came, "Are you definitely going to vote for Romney". I said yes and pressed the appropriate #. They hung up on me. So much for the validity of these polls.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies won't tolerate even the thought that Lord oBAMA might make a misstep...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies won't tolerate even the thought that Lord oBAMA might make a misstep...
    I hope it turns around soon and Romney wins if for no other reason than to rub DU's nose in it, to watch them cry, foam at the mouth and roll in tantrums on the floor would warm my heart and give me a happy tender feeling inside.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg