Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Quinnipiac/NYT/CBS: Obama Is Widening His Lead in Ohio (+10) and Florida (+9) 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,008
    link

    Well, would you look at that! Obama is ahead and they are celebrating. Of course they had to oversample Democrats by 9 percentage points in order to ensure that they could celebrate.


    TroyD (1,365 posts)

    Quinnipiac/NYT/CBS: Obama Is Widening His Lead in Ohio (+10) and Florida (+9)

    OHIO - Obama +10

    Obama - 53

    Romney - 43

    -------

    FLORIDA - Obama +9

    Obama - 53

    Romney - 44

    ---------

    September 26, 2012

    COLUMBUS, Ohio — For weeks, Republicans in Ohio have been watching with worry that the state’s vital 18 electoral votes were trending away from Mitt Romney. The anxiety has been similar in Florida, where Republicans are concerned that President Obama is gaining the upper hand in the fight for the state’s 29 electoral votes.

    Those fears are affirmed in the findings of the latest Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS News polls of likely voters in both states, which show that Mr. Obama has widened his lead over Mr. Romney and is outperforming him on nearly every major campaign issue, even though about half said they were disappointed in Mr. Obama’s presidency.

    The polls, along with interviews with supporters and advisers in the nation’s two largest battleground states, lay bare an increasingly urgent challenge facing Mr. Romney as he prepares for his next chance to move the race in his favor, at the first debate with Mr. Obama next week. Mr. Romney’s burden is no longer to win over undecided voters, but also to woo back the voters who seem to be growing a little comfortable with the idea of a second term for Mr. Obama.

    SNIP

    The New York Times, in collaboration with Quinnipiac University and CBS News, is tracking the presidential race with recurring polls in six states. In Ohio — which no Republican has won the presidency without — Mr. Obama is leading Mr. Romney 53 percent to 43 percent in the poll. In Florida, the president leads Mr. Romney 53 to 44 percent in the poll.

    More:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/us...d-florida.html

    ====================
    SOH0912 Demographics
    ====================

    From September 18 - 24, 2012 Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,162 likely voters in Ohio with a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percentage points.


    PARTY IDENTIFICATION - Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a Republican,
    a Democrat, an Independent, or what?

    LIKELY VOTERS........
    Weighted UnWeighted
    Percent Frequency
    PARTY IDENTIFICATION
    Republican 26% 326
    Democrat 35 387
    Independent 35 397
    Other/DK/NA 4 52


    From September 18 - 24, 2012 Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,196 likely voters in Florida with a margin of error of +/- 2.8 percentage points.

    PARTY IDENTIFICATION - Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a Republican,
    a Democrat, an Independent, or what?

    LIKELY VOTERS........
    Weighted UnWeighted
    Percent Frequency
    PARTY IDENTIFICATION
    Republican 27% 344
    Democrat 36 417
    Independent 33 387
    Other/DK/NA 4 48

    longship (14,103 posts)

    2. If this holds up, Romney is toast.

    And bear in mind, approaching a 10 point spread means that it is outside the error bars. Plus, over 50 percent is the magic number. That means that there are likely insufficient undecideds to flip the poll, all other things being equal.

    With these two states going this way, I do not see a path to victory for Governor Romney. He is doomed.
    TroyD (1,366 posts)

    5. It almost seems to good to be true to me

    Some people are wondering if they have oversampled Democrats. I hope not.

    I do notice that even Rasmussen had PA at Obama +12 this past week, so it's interesting that both Ras & Quinnipiac agree on that state .

    The OH & FL numbers are higher than other pollsters though, so I'll be interested to see whether other polls pick up the same numbers later this week.
    tclambert (4,849 posts)

    6. Romney's investors are going to be really angry.

    Time for him to arrange a golden parachute deal with his campaign finances.
    NCLefty (28 posts)

    7. Obama's gap is so wide,

    he's shovel-ready! *BOOM!*
    Last edited by Carol; 09-26-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

    Well, would you look at that! Obama is ahead and they are celebrating. Of course they had to oversample Democrats by 9 percentage points in order to ensure that they could celebrate.





    ====================
    SOH0912 Demographics
    ====================

    From September 18 - 24, 2012 Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,162 likely voters in Ohio with a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percentage points.


    PARTY IDENTIFICATION - Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a Republican,
    a Democrat, an Independent, or what?

    LIKELY VOTERS........
    Weighted UnWeighted
    Percent Frequency
    PARTY IDENTIFICATION
    Republican 26% 326
    Democrat 35 387
    Independent 35 397
    Other/DK/NA 4 52


    From September 18 - 24, 2012 Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,196 likely voters in Florida with a margin of error of +/- 2.8 percentage points.

    PARTY IDENTIFICATION - Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a Republican,
    a Democrat, an Independent, or what?

    LIKELY VOTERS........
    Weighted UnWeighted
    Percent Frequency
    PARTY IDENTIFICATION
    Republican 27% 344
    Democrat 36 417
    Independent 33 387
    Other/DK/NA 4 48
    It is an attempt by the media to create a feeling of "what's the use of voting" among republican. It is also gives the DUers an opportunity to scream "stolen election" when Obama loses. After all those polls showed the O leading by 9 points.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,798
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It is an attempt by the media to create a feeling of "what's the use of voting" among republican. It is also gives the DUers an opportunity to scream "stolen election" when Obama loses. After all those polls showed the O leading by 9 points.

    Then the DUmmies will be sorry they don't have TruthIsAll to esplain it to them...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Here is a list of the different polling organizations and how accurate they were in the 2008 election. CBS who was involved in this poll is listed near the bottom in terms of accuracy. The New York Times and Quinnipiac don't even make the list.

    1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
    1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
    2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
    3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
    4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
    5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
    5. ARG (10/25-27)*
    6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
    6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
    7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
    8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
    9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
    10. FOX (11/1-2)
    11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
    12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
    13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
    14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
    15. Marist College (11/3)
    16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
    17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
    18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
    19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
    20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

    Source is here

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,883
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Here is a list of the different polling organizations and how accurate they were in the 2008 election. CBS who was involved in this poll is listed near the bottom in terms of accuracy. The New York Times and Quinnipiac don't even make the list.

    1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
    1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
    2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
    3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
    4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
    5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
    5. ARG (10/25-27)*
    6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
    6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
    7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
    8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
    9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
    10. FOX (11/1-2)
    11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
    12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
    13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
    14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
    15. Marist College (11/3)
    16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
    17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
    18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
    19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
    20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

    Source is here
    What happened to Zogby this year?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What happened to Zogby this year?
    I don't know. Until you mentioned it I didn't every realize they weren't on the list. Perhaps I'll look for more sources.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,883
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't know. Until you mentioned it I didn't every realize they weren't on the list. Perhaps I'll look for more sources.
    The last I have heard from Zogby was during the primary's.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    I cant wait till this damn election is over one way or the other. The suspense is killing me.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I cant wait till this damn election is over one way or the other. The suspense is killing me.
    If Obama is to win I would rather time stood still, I have no doubt as to what a second term would bring.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If Obama is to win I would rather time stood still, I have no doubt as to what a second term would bring.
    We could survive him, I have no doubts
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •