Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member, Aborted Fetuses 
    link

trailmonkee (864 posts)

Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member, Aborted Fetuses

Source: huffington post

Utah mayor and GOP congressional candidate Mia Love was sent an envelope containing racist and disturbing photos. The black, female Republican says she's become a target because she "poses a problem to the policies of the Obama administration."

The thick envelope arrived at Love's office in Saratoga Springs, Utah, City Manager Mark Christensen told the Deseret News. The envelope reportedly contained a photo showing Love, her husband and a hooded Klu Klux Klan member as well as pictures of aborted fetuses.

Love responded to the "divisive racially and negative racially" photos, saying "I want you to know, I want everyone to know I am comfortable in my skin. I'm comfortable and proud of my heritage..." the Deseret News reports.

The mayor is currently campaigning against Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson for Utah's 4th Congressional District seat.

Love, who could be the first black female Republican elected to Congress, told the Deseret News that she believes she's become a target because she "poses a problem to the policies of the Obama administration." "I knew that people would come after me," Love said. "I knew that people would try to change and distort information so I'm going to focus on things that are really important."
    Back in August, Fox News reported that Love's Wikipedia page had been "vandalized" with racist and sexist epithets after she delivered her speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...p_ref=politics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She is under the impression that dem's are doing this? I thought her wanting to be a Republican in this day and age was delusional enough?

Love, who could be the first black female Republican elected to Congress, told the Deseret News that she believes she's become a target because she "poses a problem to the policies of the Obama administration." "I knew that people would come after me," Love said. "I knew that people would try to change and distort information so I'm going to focus on things that are really important."
    valerief (32,576 posts)

1. A black Republican woman? That's so crazy, she probably sent the pictures to herself. nt
    SaveAmerica (4,177 posts)

2. No way! Why would she even mention Obama? She's a danger to herself if
    she doesn't see the writing on that wall! Yikes!!
    Guy Whitey Corngood (13,722 posts)

3. Delusional idiot. Does the White House even know who she is. More importantly, do they give a fuck?
    Liberals hate it when a black person escapes the liberal plantation and thinks for themselves. They are afraid that it will give others ideas.

I really do think that they make fun of, mock and spew vile racist screeds at black conservatives in order to intimidate more moderate blacks from identifying as Republicans.

If this were a liberal black politician that recieved what Mia Love did DUers would be up in arms. Since it's a conservative they could care less.

2. #2 You are Correct... 
    Liberals hate it when a black person escapes the liberal plantation and thinks for themselves. They are afraid that it will give others ideas.

I really do think that they make fun of, mock and spew vile racist screeds at black conservatives in order to intimidate more moderate blacks from identifying as Republicans.

If this were a liberal black politician that recieved what Mia Love did DUers would be up in arms. Since it's a conservative they could care less.

To the Dimocraps, Mia Love epitomizes the uppity black/runaway slave. How dare she or any other black person actually excercise their right to self determination!
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    To the Dimocraps, Mia Love epitomizes the uppity black/runaway slave. How dare she or any other black person actually excercise their right to self determination!
    The seem to have forgotten all those cute little names the called Condi Rice.

Once around the fish bowl and all the world is new.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    More disturbing that the fact that Mia Love is a Republican is that she is a mormon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/op...urch.html?_r=0

It was Smith’s successor, Brigham Young, who adopted the policies that now haunt the church. He described black people as cursed with dark skin as punishment for Cain’s murder of his brother. “Any man having one drop of the seed of Cane in him cannot hold the priesthood,” he declared in 1852. Young deemed black-white intermarriage so sinful that he suggested that a man could atone for it only by having “his head cut off” and spilling “his blood upon the ground.” Other Mormon leaders convinced themselves that the pre-existent spirits of black people had sinned in heaven by supporting Lucifer in his rebellion against God.

The priesthood ban had sweeping ecclesiastical consequences for black Mormons. They could not participate in the sacred ordinances, like the endowment ceremony (which prepares one for the afterlife) and sealings (which formally bind a family together), rites that Smith and Young taught were necessary to obtain celestial glory.

Of course, while perhaps unusual in its fervor and particular in its theories, the rhetoric of Mormon leaders was lamentably within the mainstream of white American opinion. White Christians of many denominational stripes used repugnant language to justify slavery and the inferiority of black people. Most accepted theories that the sins of Cain and Ham had cursed an entire race. Indeed, those white Americans who today express outrage over Mormon racism should remind themselves of their own forebears’ sins before casting stones at the Latter-day Saints.

“I BELIEVE that in 1978 God changed his mind about black people,” sings Elder Kevin Price in the Broadway musical “The Book of Mormon.” The line is meant to be funny, and it is — in part because it’s true.

Fabulous Poster
    There are indeed many Democrats who think that Black Republican is a contradiction in terms. However, there is no debating the history of the LDS church and its policy towards Blacks in our lifetime.

Her campaign should be nicknamed the Underground Railroad.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

There are indeed many Democrats who think that Black Republican is a contradiction in terms. However, there is no debating the history of the LDS church and its policy towards Blacks in our lifetime.
    Nova knows that there ARE racist liberals and there are liberals who have no morals and will use racism against Black conservatives if it suits their purposes. Therefore he needs to at least deflect the issue and try to make it about the Morman church. (Since it's harder to claim that Black conservatives are racist they attack them using racism. After all the Black conservative "deseves it" because s/he is "self loathing" or "siding with her white masters".)

Here's some equally vile posts from that thread.

M_M (163 posts)

12. I smell a fucked-up individual

Running in Utah, no less!
    And she's ahead in the polls, too.
    mangermerdeRWfreaks (39 posts)

7. That is one self loathing woman but ALL Pub women are for the most part.
    bettydavis (41 posts)

13. Beware of AA's who are in the business of currying favor with the white majority party...

Was it Dave Chappelle who had that comedy bit about the white kid that hangs with all black kids is the TRUE bad-ass of the group. Because you don't want to know what he had to do to get their respect. It works both ways unfortunately. For these types, distinguishing yourself from those OTHER AA's is paramount. And to accuse the first AA prez of having anything what so ever to do with this is so incredibly tacky on so many levels I am stunned...uh mi gente mi gente...
    msanthrope (12,850 posts)

20. Is this another Ashley Todd (backwards B girl) moment? nt
    Zoeisright (6,010 posts)

18. Wow, she is REALLY dumb.

And self-hating.
    Third Doctor (369 posts)

42. I did not know anything

about this woman until today. I bet she knows who did the crime and it may just be orchestrated to build more support. At least that's my initial thought. A black female associated with the Tea Party? The recent GOP openly panders to racist and they are trying to suppress minority votes in swing states as I type this. These are not urban legends, which republicans are calling them, but facts. They also have a extreme party platform that outlaws abortion in all cases that takes away a woman's right to choose. She may be prolife herself but she should not make that choice for others. She is also a mormon (married one). I read that the mormons would not let blacks be priests until the late 70's due to doctrinal reasons.

A lot of hate for Obama from the right is not because of his policies, which are really somewhere in the center ,but because of his skin color and name. I wonder what the party she belongs to would think about her running for president someday?
    This thread pretty much shows that it would be the DEMOCRATS that would bring racism to a whole new level for her impertanence in thinking for herself and moving off the liberal plantation.
    Last edited by Carol; 09-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.

bettydavis (41 posts)

13. Beware of AA's who are in the business of currying favor with the white majority party...
    Now that's just stupid. Whites (much to the disappointment of DU) are the majority. bettydavis, would you have blacks just keep to themselves then? Politicians curry favor with EVERYone. Racist twit.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

It's obvious to any intelligent observant person who has seen her speak or seen her interviewed that she is anything BUT self-loathing. Then there's the DUmmies.

Not one of them condemned it. There's a war on women all right.
    Be Not Afraid.