Thread: Iran says "terrorist sect" attacked its diplomat in New York

Hybrid View

1. #1 Iran says "terrorist sect" attacked its diplomat in New York 
    Link
    (Reuters) - Iran blamed on Thursday "a terrorist sect" for accosting a senior Iranian diplomat in New York and condemned the United States for deciding to remove the group, the Mujahadin-e Khalq (MEK), from a U.S. list of foreign terrorist organizations.

New York police said Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast was verbally abused, pushed and shoved by "anti-regime" protesters on the street as he walked a few blocks from the headquarters of the United Nations on Wednesday.

He became separated from members of his party traveling by car in a protected motorcade on Wednesday, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad addressed the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday.

Iranian officials said the incident took place during a protest against Iran's government organized by the Iranian dissident group MEK. The protest was near the U.N. headquarters in Manhattan.

The United States said last week the MEK would be removed from its list of foreign terrorist organizations.
    More at link.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

More at link.
    I guess it takes one to know one.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Was it actually that specific group that yelled at and pushed the Iranian diplomat? Because there are a lot of Iranian people who are now American citizens that hate the regime-people who fled for their lives when the revolution occurred in the 1970s, people who left before that because they didn't like the Shah, and so on. They don't like seeing their loved ones back in Iran suffer at the hands of this regime.

Wow. "Verbally abused, pushed and shoved ".......what an outrage. We gotta do something.

Ho hum.......

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Wow. "Verbally abused, pushed and shoved ".......what an outrage. We gotta do something.

Ho hum.......
    But homocide bombers are martyrs...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis