1. #1 Spreading disinformation about voter ID 
    My wife just popped M.I.B. on the tv, it happened to be on the channel BET. During a commercial break there was one from BET that stated that "voter suppression is live and active" and specifically stated that in some states your Drivers License and Passports will NOT be acceptable as ID. Now I looked around online, and from what I saw even some of the strictist voter ID states specifically state that those are valid forms of photo ID.

Anyone else notice other forms of lies regarding this?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    My wife just popped M.I.B. on the tv, it happened to be on the channel BET. During a commercial break there was one from BET that stated that "voter suppression is live and active" and specifically stated that in some states your Drivers License and Passports will NOT be acceptable as ID. Now I looked around online, and from what I saw even some of the strictist voter ID states specifically state that those are valid forms of photo ID.

Just the standard fear mongering and scare tactics from the left.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

A friend and I had a major falling out over this. He said that "several states" were going to require three forms of ID to vote. I asked him to name one, and he couldn't. He had simply heard or read that that was the case without doing his own research.

More frustrating than that is that these people somehow get pissed when you either ask for proof or offer proof to the contrary. People appear to prefer to have their mind made up about something, even if it's wrong, than to have to rethink it especially when they are emotionally invested in believing it's true. The people in my life are by and large to anti-republican that they get annoyed when I feel called upon to correct a point against them.

For their part, the Republicans I know aren't any better. When I say something like , "Of course Republicans want to discourage Democratic voters, that doesn't mean it's racist or "jim crow"." then the Republicans get upset as if I am damning with faint praise. I can only conclude that most people despise objectivity.

in some states your Drivers License and Passports will NOT be acceptable as ID
    I don't know how people could blindly accept something like that as fact. And tell others. Dishonesty or stupidity, take your pick.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.