Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative_Sangfroid View Post
    I turned this film on for about 5 minutes. It was incomprehenisbly stupid.

It just isn't possible that this is what poeple are killing for, it is more likely they are killing for thier imams or high-priesties or what ever they have in Islam.

To play along with this is to encourage this irrational and dangerous (to us) behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, it is possible. These islamists are as thinned skinned as they can get.
    It's unlikely that they knew it existed until the imams started talking it up in the mosques, but the timeline is wrong. Usually, this kind of rioting occurs after the Friday night sermon/jihad exhortation. More likely is that the Obama administration was clutching at straws to explain why they didn't anticipate the anniversary attacks. Note that they were desperately spinning that it was a response to the video, rather than an organized attack. If it was an attack, then it was a failure of intelligence (and of Obama, who couldn't be bothered to attend the briefings), but if it was a spontaneous response to a video, then it was the fault of a hapless fall guy who incited those peace-loving Muslims.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

He was on probation for fraud, specifically, check-kiting. As part of his probation agreement, he was forbidden from using aliases. He is being accused of continuing to use aliases, in violation of that agreement.

If someone who is on probation does something that puts his name in the headlines, his probation officer is going to start watching him a little more closely, as probation officers want to avoid getting their names in the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He was on probation for fraud, specifically, check-kiting. As part of his probation agreement, he was forbidden from using aliases. He is being accused of continuing to use aliases, in violation of that agreement.

If someone who is on probation does something that puts his name in the headlines, his probation officer is going to start watching him a little more closely, as probation officers want to avoid getting their names in the headlines.
    Yeah...ok. If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, it is possible. These islamists are as thinned skinned as they can get.
    It is truly amazing. My mother was a very peaceful women and a very devout RC. I think that when "piss chr***" came out she was very angry and said that she would like to slap the person who made it.

Has there been any news on this? I saw him "perp-walked" on FoxNews_Redeye but not much more. He doesn't sound like the cleanest of people but there are literally tens of thousands of violent criminals in violation of their probation and parole in the state of California and I can't believe that (even with the "flight risk") that the coppers couldn't find more important warrants to serve.
    ENOUGH!

It is truly amazing. My mother was a very peaceful women and a very devout RC. I think that when "piss chr***" came out she was very angry and said that she would like to slap the person who made it.
    I'm a Jew and I was angry about it. But note that no Roman Catholics rioted, burned anything or killed anyone. Similarly, when Chris Ofili did his Mary portrait, there was no violence. When the Taliban blew up the Buddha statues, no Buddhists rioted. Jews are protrayed in the vilest terms in Arab media, but we don't go around killing anyone. Only one religion demands universal submission to its pieties.

Has there been any news on this? I saw him "perp-walked" on FoxNews_Redeye but not much more. He doesn't sound like the cleanest of people but there are literally tens of thousands of violent criminals in violation of their probation and parole in the state of California and I can't believe that (even with the "flight risk") that the coppers couldn't find more important warrants to serve.
    I'm sure that they could have, but if you are on probation and you violate it, and the result makes headlines throughout the world, you will probably have your probation revoked.

The problem with this story is that the police really had no choice in the matter. His probation violation had an extremely high profile. He was also accused of having changed the script and dubbing in dialog in post production, so the actors had no idea that they were involved in something that was going to be a controversy. That put them in danger without their consent. As much as I agree with his message, he's still a sleaze and a crook, and the revocation of his probation was warranted by he facts.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!