Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Buh-bye and good riddance to the Weiner Nation.

Now he'll have more time to pal around with Governor Moonbeam.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Are they hot lesbians or butch ones?
    20 years ago they looked pretty good but gravity, oxidation and uv rays are taking their toll.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Savage would be a lot more tolerable were it not for that whole bizarre bipolar thing he has going on. You never know when you tune in whether you'll get shouting loon Savage or crying drunk Savage. Never been a big fan of his show, though occasionally he is somewhat interesting when he gets off politics and talks about stuff like music.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    20 years ago they looked pretty good but gravity, oxidation and uv rays are taking their toll.
    Time is a b#$ch.

Please tell me they've helped you on the farm?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Time is a b#$ch.

Please tell me they've helped you on the farm?
    Many a time, we have been friends and good neighbors for years.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I can't listen to him, it is more of a personality issue or his style of broadcasting because I don't often disagree with him.
    I have a lesbian couple living next door and was very surprised when the more tom boyish one of the two admitted to me that she listens to him every day and really likes him, I just smiled and said I was glad to hear that. The next thing you know she will discover the meat whistle.

Your woman will get mad if you start showing off your meat whistle.

Fabulous Poster
    We have two talk radio channels here. 970 and 860 I think. 970 is the more mainstream of the two, and appears to be a business which sells conservative talk because conservative talk sells mainstream advertising. 860 on the other hand is the Faith Radio Network or something like that. They have Savage, and Hewitt, and that guy that does nothing but rave about how the economy is going to be completely destroyed no matter who is elected, and the only thing you need to do is buy gold, guns, and dehydrated survival food.

970 advertising has its share of whack as well. Glenn Beck sells survival food (it's probably a Mormon company) and gold, and Christian credit repair, and Christian dating, and Kryptonite or Graphite or whatever that cloud back up company is.

The truth is that if 970 could get rid of its whack jobs and bring Savage and Medved over from 860, then it would have a pretty good line up. How anyone can listen to Beck babble and chuckle or Mark Levin drown in his own spit I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

The truth is that if 970 could get rid of its whack jobs and bring Savage and Medved over from 860, then it would have a pretty good line up. How anyone can listen to Beck babble and chuckle or Mark Levin drown in his own spit I don't know.
    Exhibit A of why you'd never be a successful program director at any radio station.

BTW are you referring to WNIS and WGUL?

ETA never mind I think given the lineup you're referring to you're talking about 970 and 860 in Tampa.

In that case my above statement about why you'd suck as a PD stands...WFLA is the top talk radio station in the market and is currently enjoying it's best ratings period all year with a solid 4.6 Arbitron ratings.

Meanwhile the station YOU think has the better talkers (Savage and Medved) 860 WGUL...doesn't even show up in the ratings.

There is a reason that WFLA has Beck and Levin and not the other two back benchers.

Ratings and advertising $$$$. A sure way to kill both would be to go with your idea.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 10-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Exhibit A of why you'd never be a successful program director at any radio station.

BTW are you referring to WNIS and WGUL?

ETA never mind I think given the lineup you're referring to you're talking about 970 and 860 in Tampa.

In that case my above statement about why you'd suck as a PD stands...WFLA is the top talk radio station in the market and is currently enjoying it's best ratings period all year with a solid 4.6 Arbitron ratings.

Meanwhile the station YOU think has the better talkers (Savage and Medved) 860 WGUL...doesn't even show up in the ratings.

There is a reason that WFLA has Beck and Levin and not the other two back benchers.

Ratings and advertising $$$$. A sure way to kill both would be to go with your idea.
    WFLA is 970 so that would be the one I listen to the most. I usually only hear Rush, Schnitt, and Hannity as long as I can stand him. Levin is on in the evening when reception is not as good which is just as well considering his voice is like nails on a blackboard. I occasionally try to listen to Monica Crowley, but her show is about 70% advertising and schmooze now.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    WFLA is 970 so that would be the one I listen to the most. I usually only hear Rush, Schnitt, and Hannity as long as I can stand him. Levin is on in the evening when reception is not as good which is just as well considering his voice is like nails on a blackboard. I occasionally try to listen to Monica Crowley, but her show is about 70% advertising and schmooze now.
    You could learn something from Levin one of the most savvy and smart people in the country today when it comes to Constitutional law. And a real old school Reagan Conservative to boot.