Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You could learn something from Levin one of the most savvy and smart people in the country today when it comes to Constitutional law. And a real old school Reagan Conservative to boot.
    Levin is perhaps the best educated of all of the talkers, but as if his normal voice weren't irritating enough, when he starts yelling into the microphone it's too much. However, come to think of it, I would rather listen to Levin's irritating but intelligent voice then Glenn Beck's buttery voice and stupid/outthere brain.

Really, of all of them I like Limbaugh's delivery best. The libertarian boys on the weekend can be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Your woman will get mad if you start showing off your meat whistle.
    Some of the critters got through the fence today and the stay at home vagetarian called me and offered to put them in, she got them all in except the male sheep, I think Ramalamb got nervous about the way she was looking at his ding dong.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    You could learn something from Levin one of the most savvy and smart people in the country today when it comes to Constitutional law. And a real old school Reagan Conservative to boot.
    Yesterday I learned from Mark Levin that gasoline in California as of the time he was speaking was pushing $6.00 per gallon and that in "most places in the country" gasoline is pushing $4.00 per gallon all due to Obama. In reality, gasoline spiked in California to about $4.50 due to a variety of factors (as the Bushies told us years ago the President and government don't control the price of gasoline) and is dropping most other places, now below $3.50 .

4.37 Paso Robles
    4.29 San Francisco
    4.26 Bakersfield
    4.29 Ventura
    3.39 Biloxi
    3.39 Nashiville
    3.33 Tampa
    3.95 NYC
    3.46 Okmulgee

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Yesterday I learned from Mark Levin that gasoline in California as of the time he was speaking was pushing $6.00 per gallon and that in "most places in the country" gasoline is pushing $4.00 per gallon all due to Obama. In reality, gasoline spiked in California to about $4.50 due to a variety of factors (as the Bushies told us years ago the President and government don't control the price of gasoline) and is dropping most other places, now below $3.50 .

4.37 Paso Robles
    4.29 San Francisco
    4.26 Bakersfield
    4.29 Ventura
    3.39 Biloxi
    3.39 Nashiville
    3.33 Tampa
    3.95 NYC
    3.46 Okmulgee
    Amazing that you pick...for the most part places no one has heard of....or would expect to find higher than normal gas prices at.

But when someone who is interested in facts takes 30 seconds on a google search...you find this:

LOS ANGELES (AP) California gas prices continued surging Friday, adding another 17 cents per gallon on average, and the increases are expected to continue for at least several more days, ensuring long lines and short tempers at pumps around the state.

A week of soaring costs has led some stations to close and others to charge record prices in some places $5 or more as California leapfrogged Hawaii as the state with the most expensive fuel. The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded across California was nearly $4.49 on Friday, 32 cents more than a week ago and the highest statewide average in the nation, according to AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge report.
    http://news.yahoo.com/short-supplies...--finance.html

And then there's the picture that accompanies the story:

You were saying?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Amazing that you pick...for the most part places no one has heard of....or would expect to find higher than normal gas prices at.
    I picked a cross section of California and the continental US including two of the most expensive places to live :San Francisco and New York City. I included Oklahoma because Rock lives there, Florida because I live there, Nashville because Adam Wood lives there and Biloxi because it had the lowest gasoline prices when I drove West last July.

Yes, you can always find a more outrageous price in California and have always been able to. Isolated mountain areas can be remarkably more expensive, there is a tourist trap on I5 that charges 60 per gallon more than anyone else for no apparent reason, and some places in San Francisco apparently get away with charging a lot more than everywhere else for a convenience fee.

There was no effort or effect on my part to deceive, so fuck off.

Amazing that you pick...for the most part places no one has heard of....or would expect to find higher than normal gas

http://news.yahoo.com/short-supplies...--finance.html

And then there's the picture that accompanies the story:

You were saying?
    That photo was taken at Low P at 24025 Calabassas Road. I have no idea what their excuse for that price was, perhaps that they are near Malibu, but as of 8 minutes ago their price was $4.99/gal.

You were saying?

Yes, you can always find a more outrageous price in California and have always been able to. Isolated mountain areas can be remarkably more expensive, there is a tourist trap on I5 that charges 60 per gallon more than anyone else for no apparent reason, and some places in San Francisco apparently get away with charging a lot more than everywhere else for a convenience fee.
    So then Levin was right. Despite your weak effort to claim he was lying or stupid...he DID know what he was talking about.

Easy Princess...some Midol will take care of that grouchiness.

You were saying?
    That the photo and the story was posted on yahoo News 11 hours prior to when I posted it here.

And I was saying that Levin was right and you were wrong...you said it yourself with what you posted above.

Congrats...you flamed yourself...again.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    So then Levin was right. Despite your weak effort to claim he was lying or stupid...he DID know what he was talking about.
    No, Levin was not right. TO declare that gas prices in California are pushing $6 per gallon suggests that the average price of gasoline in California was near $6. It was not. A cross section of the state showed that the prices were closer to $4.50.

Fabulous Poster
    That the photo and the story was posted on yahoo News 11 hours prior to when I posted it here..
    Did it occur to you that the reporter may have looked for the most expensive station in town? At the same time that station was gouging, the Shell and 76 nearby were charging $4.75/gal.

So you and Levin apparently think that one station equals an average?
    Last edited by Novaheart; 10-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.

I picked a cross section of California and the continental US including two of the most expensive places to live :San Francisco and New York City. I included Oklahoma because Rock lives there, Florida because I live there, Nashville because Adam Wood lives there and Biloxi because it had the lowest gasoline prices when I drove West last July.

That photo was taken at Low P at 24025 Calabassas Road. I have no idea what their excuse for that price was, perhaps that they are near Malibu, but as of 8 minutes ago their price was $4.99/gal.

You were saying?
    Gas is going up Nova, you can deny it all you want but the reality exists. As long as Democrats remain in power there is no end in site.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Gas is going up Nova, you can deny it all you want but the reality exists. As long as Democrats remain in power there is no end in site.
    My comments had to do with Levin's comments yesterday on the radio. His comments were deliberately misleading both in the prices he quoted and the analysis.

As for the long term trajectory for gasoline prices, we are given to believe that no matter what we do the price will continue to rise, so to attempt to blame that on Democrats or a Democrat is disingenuous.