Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I wanted to kick this for CW but he's already been here.

Kick anyway.
    I'm very familiar with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. This was the act that supposedly led to all of the problems (discounting the CRA, of course, from somewhere around 1978) and was signed by a Democratic president. However, did anyone notice the first name on the act, "Whiner" Phil Gramm, economic advisor to the Republican nominee for President.

So, what am I supposed to garner from this. Perhaps when a D President signs a bill pushed thru by a R majority in Congress, he's responsible. So, can we then infer that when a R President signs a bill pushed thru by a D majority in Congress, he's responsible?

Is Gramm still in the McCain camp?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The FBI is looking at potential fraud by mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and insurer American International Group Inc., said two officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigations. The inquiries, still in preliminary stages, will focus on the financial institutions and the people who ran them, one senior law enforcement official said.
    and hopefully some Dem congessfolk. If they need someone to name names, let me know.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    and hopefully some Dem congessfolk. If they need someone to name names, let me know.
    Everyone realizes that, in terms of campaign contributions, that while the two CEOs contributed overwhelmingly to Obama, if one includes the Directors and immediate Lobbyists for F&F, the contributions swing 10-1 for McCain, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Everyone realizes that, in terms of campaign contributions, that while the two CEOs contributed overwhelmingly to Obama, if one includes the Directors and immediate Lobbyists for F&F, the contributions swing 10-1 for McCain, right?
    I can't say for sure. Keep your eye on it and find out.

I'm suggesting that in addition to those that ran those companies that the FBI gives Barney Frank, Dodd and Hussein a good look-see also.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    I can't say for sure. Keep your eye on it and find out.

I'm suggesting that in addition to those that ran those companies that the FBI gives Barney Frank, Dodd and Hussein a good look-see also.
    Here's the F&F PAC money...

The mortgage giants spread their cash evenly: Democrats got 51% and Republicans 49%. Top lawmakers got top dollar.

In the House, Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-Mo., led among the leadership with $78,500 in donations from Fannie and Freddie. He was followed by Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, $60,500; Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., $51,500; Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., $47,000; and Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., $26,000.

Regarding the donations, Nick Simpson, press secretary for Blunt, said: "It's not a quid pro quo. In fact, Blunt voted against the housing bailout and GSE reform, proposals which Fannie and Freddie supported."

Among the Senate leadership, Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., received $71,499. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., followed with $40,000.

The final bipartisan bill resolving the differences was passed in the Senate 90-8-1-1 (Sen. John McCain being the only U.S. Senator Not Voting on the largely bipartisan measure)[4] and in the House: 362-57-15. Without forcing a veto vote, this bipartisan, veto proof legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999. [5]
    Doesn't look like you can really point any fingers regarding Gramm-Leach-Bliley.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    How in the Hell could we place any, any do you hear, blame on the Idiot Child?
    I didn't suggest you were in any way to blame for this mess. Geez, don't take it so personal.