1. #1 I remember the euphoria and love for the Kennedy's 
    Drew Richards (584 posts)

I am an old man, I remember the euphoria and love for the Kennedy's and the tragedies that followed

and as we get closer to this election I can honestly say that I am getting bouts of Profound FEAR for our Presidents safety every time I see him in public forums.

With the death's/murders of the Kennedy's It does not matter what you believe occurred or how it occurred anymore...

(I still tear up when I think of the loss)

What does matter is that we have lost Presidents before, ones that loved this Country profoundly and understood that it is the PEOPLE that make the Country, Not the Wealthy, not the Corporations, not even the Government body...it's THE PEOPLE.

Here we are again, but this time, many of the usual culprits/suspects are under the spot light, so they use propaganda to whip up a hate frenzy of surrogates that encompasses so very many people of this country; that there could possibly be a lone gunman anywhere that believes he will be a hero if he assassinates our President.

I ask all of you to stop, and just for a moment, to yourself, and to any deity you may believe in, to repeat after to me.

(deity) Hear my Prayer,
    Please protect the president from all harm in these trying times,
    From enemies foreign and domestic,
    and help us all to be better people,
    to our family,
    to our friends,
    to our enemies,
    and to ourselves,

(End of prayer)

Thanks,

I feel better.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021437885

oh my god.....please god.........please make it so the DUmmies are not soooooooooooo damn stupid.......amen...
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

The DUmp. A place that reviles religion in all its forms. Hates it. Loathes it. Now decides it wants to pray for the TOTUS. Oye.

And it's funny how they lovingly remember Kennedy when all I want them to remember from him is "ask not what your country can do for you". They always forget that part of him.
    Be Not Afraid.

If JFK was alive and President today the DUmbasses would spew the same venom and hatred for him that they did for Bush.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Power CUer
    I remember the Kennedy's when they were the Kennedies.

(deity) Hear my Prayer,
    Please protect the president from all bad grammar
    From enemies of the plural,
    and help us all to remember when to use an apostrophe, when to use an "s" and when to change "y" to "i" and add "es",
    whether it is our families (not family's),
    our friends (not friend's),
    our enemies (see above)
    and ourselves (got it yet, dummy?),
    without apostrophe

Amen.

The only Kennedy I remember from the first political generation is Teddy. JFK died before I was born and RFK died when I was pretty little and unaware of public events like that. My mom liked JFK and RFK, my dad didn't like them, but he was pissed off, in a patriotic sense, that they were assassinated.