Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Romney surrogate slams Obama’s Libya response with homophobic slur 
    link

OK here's one more word we can't use. It's HOMOPHOBIC!!!!!!! :

DonViejo (371 posts)

Romney surrogate slams Obama’s Libya response with homophobic slur

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and surrogate for presidential hopeful former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) John Bolton harshly criticized the Obama administration’s response to the violence in Benghazi, Libya earlier this month, calling the U.S. response “limp-wristed.”

The Bush appointee was speaking to Fox News on Friday when he used the homophobic insult, which, as Think Progress noted, is “usually used as a slur against or allusion to gay men” and to connote weakness.

“The US is viewed under Obama as weak, as Sen. McCain said, as declining in influence dramatically in the Middle East, pulling out of Iraq, intending to pull out of Aghanistan,” Bolton alleged, “having a limp wristed reaction to the assassination of four American diplomats.”

Bolton was joining a group of Republican Senators and other officials condemning the Obama administration for its foreign policy in the Middle East.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1oHn8)

Yeah, it's teh ghey that's the takeaway from the failed 0bama foreign policy. Got it.
    Be Not Afraid.

I think I just realized why liberals and Muslim terrorists get along so well. They are both easily offended over the simplest stupid words. I seriously think they look for something to be offended of. There is no other way to explain their stupidity.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

I don't think limp-wristed, used in this way, is a homophobic slur. If it is, it's one that has been part of the general language for a long time.

Man, do these guys get upset watching "Revenge of the Nerds"? The black character is gay, and the jokes about his wrist are pretty funny-the nerds specially design a javelin for him to throw that takes his limp-wristed style of throwing into account.

It must be difficult to go through life being offended by everything you see and hear.

Good grief. First they're desperately grasping for the idea that a chair is now the same thing as Barack Obama, so hanging a chair means that you're a Klan member, and now this?!!?

I think I'll go back to using "niggardly" as often as possible in polite conversation just so that it will cause surrounding liberal heads to explode.

Limp-wristing

Limp-wristed:

A panzy, a bitch, a ginger (not necessarily with red hair). This can be a man or a women and it has no specific race, religion or creed. Its a simple word to describe someone weak or pussy. A whimp.

Dave- "Dude, this shit is hella heavy."
    Bob- "Stop being such a limp wristed bitch!"

Limp-wristed:

a man who is limp-wristed seems weak and lacks the qualities that people usually admire in a man

My mother liked him though I suspect my father thought he was a bit limp-wristed.

Limp-wristed:

describes a man who does not behave in the strong and determined way traditionally expected in men

Limp-wristed:

soft; flabby; ineffectual.

UH OH!

Oh noes!

Horrors! Bolton wasn't the first to call it that!

Egads! Phil Collins, too?

Eeek!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Well, I'm sure he really wanted to apply the word "limp" to a different body part in order to describe the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I think I'll go back to using "niggardly" as often as possible in polite conversation just so that it will cause surrounding liberal heads to explode.
    If you're on a school board or commission don't forget to work "black hole" into the conversation. Idiots will pounce on you for that too.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If you're on a school board or commission don't forget to work "black hole" into the conversation. Idiots will pounce on you for that too.
    I'm now reminded of the Great Tar Baby Meltdown of 2007, so I'm going to start using that frequently, too.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Someone could make a fortune if they wrote a book listing all the off-limit words and people. Add it to the list.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It must be difficult to go through life being offended by everything you see and hear.
    On the contrary, it makes life so much easier if everybody around you is afraid to offend you. Your ideas are never challenged. You always get your way, and whenever you don't, you can scream racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, ageism, fascism or whatever you can come up with. The arguments don't have to be rational, in fact, it's better if they aren't, as that makes it even harder to accommodate the blind rage. Throw in compliant courts and institutions that repeat your grievances and you're set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Someone could make a fortune if they wrote a book listing all the off-limit words and people. Add it to the list.
    That would make a great book. The Dictionary of the Forbidden. And, you can do a PC version of it, with blank pages.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!