Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=Odysseus;529324] All that the Taliban had to do was hold on until then and they could take back the country.

Which is exactly what we see happening now.

Exit strategies are for people who intend to lose. Winners leave on their own terms.
    Obama refuses to say victory or declare that we've won...he's content to manage the disaster of our exit.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

[QUOTE=txradioguy;529341]
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    All that the Taliban had to do was hold on until then and they could take back the country.

Which is exactly what we see happening now.

Obama refuses to say victory or declare that we've won...he's content to manage the disaster of our exit.
    When we first went into Afghanistan, I had an argument with a lib who wanted to know the exit strategy. I told him that our exit strategy would be victory. He looked at me like I'd grown a second head, so I explained that exit strategies are planned retreats, and if you intend to win, then you don't need one. Only losers plan to lose. When he asked what we would do if we lost, I explained that we wouldn't lose, but if we did, then the question wouldn't be how we left Afghanistan, but rather how we would submit to Islam, because those were the goals of the enemy. Our "exit strategy" would be dhimmitude or conversion. There were no other options. Needless to say, he didn't like those answers. The next couple of times that we discussed the matter, he raised the question again, and I explained it again. After a while, he learned not to ask me about exit strategies, but he still used it in conversation with others.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I said this in another thread...but it apples here as well.

I can hear it now...

Brian Williams NBC News - "good evening...you're looking live at the Inaugural Ball of President Mitt Romney as he celebrates his first day in office...meanwhile...half a world away from the glitter and lights...two more soldiers died in attacks in Afghanistan in a war that is growing increasingly unwinnable day by day. This brings the death toll in America's longest war to (insert number)"

I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that some form of what I typed is how one or more of the nightly "news" programs will start off the night Mitt is sworn into office.
    You failed to mention the resurrected Death Toll Ticker.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    You failed to mention the resurrected Death Toll Ticker.
    Yeah Nightline can start running something like that...or CNN.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Obama's talking about getting us out of Afghanistan.
    His "talking" is what gave us the current problems. You don't tell the enemy that you are sending reinforcements and when you are bringing them home. That's really, really stupid.

I think we should in light of the fact that some of the leaders are acting Taliban friendly.
    You don't cut and run in front of these savages, Bridget, it only emboldens them to attack us. At least Bush understood that.

The troops shouldn't have to risk their lives for that.
    The "troops" shouldn't have their sacrifice and effort sold out by liberal pacifists who don't have a clue as to what they are doing and don't give a damn about how much blood and treasure were shed to make Afghanistan free.

Your boy hussein has botched this totally and completely and will, in the long run, get more Americans killed as a result of his cowardice and inexperience.

What the Hell does it matter? You're still going to vote for his dumb ass, no matter how much innocent blood will be shed because little barry doesn't have a clue. It's not like you libs understand anything past free cell phones, cough syrup, and birth control...

Wait. We can get free cough syrup?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.