Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Voters are not going to fall in love with Romney between now and Election Day. 
    link

kentuck (63,219 posts)

Voters are not going to fall in love with Romney between now and Election Day.

Romney knows that and the Republican Party and FOX News knows that. That is not going to change.

But what they can try to change is the way the voters feel about Barack Hussein Obama. And they will try every trick in the book to tear down this President in the next 5 weeks. They will mock and ridicule and lie. They are a desperate Party that will do anything, yes anything, to try and win this next election. They will lie, cheat, and steal. They would go even further if they thought they could get away with it.

So we know what to expect in the next few weeks. There are no surprises in store. The Republican Party will show their true colors. The first sign of desperation is when they start yelling about media bias. It has begun.
    The critical criteria liberals have in determining who to vote for is............LOVE.

How many Republicans vote based on LOVE?

Oh, and talk about projection. LOL One could write a book just based on the lies, projection, paranoia, racism and bigotry. It could be classified as comedy, but the sords would all be their own.

Betsy Ross (2,798 posts)

6. Could we beat them at the game by creating silly stories.

Harmless "gossip" that is OBVIOUSLY a joke. Like a pro-volleyball career in 2016. Flood them with such stupid stuff the Republican shit will look just as stupid.
    Well DU does look and sound like a "joke" and sounds stupid as well. So go ahead and look even more "stupid" if that is even possible.

catbyte (2,360 posts)

8. It won't work

The American public knows President Obama and they like him. The only way the Republicans have a chance at winning is to steal it, but I think the margins are getting to big for them to do it. I think that's what is freaking them out too. The more they pile hatred on Obama, the more they are repulsing the public and I think it will help us in the down ballot races. This could be a GOP catastrophe.

I was driving across town in Grand Rapids on Friday & there's a big billboard on the corner of 131S & 28th by the Republican Party that says, "Obama supports gay marriage & abortion...DO YOU?" I saw a car full of young people pull up next to me. They were pointing and nodding at the billboard and I could see them mouthing, "Yeah, we do!" I rolled down my window and told them to vote. They said they would, gave me a thumbs up, then the light turned.

Gave me hope.
    Yea, well I like my minister, my Dad and even the Democrat across the road.............doesn't mean I would vote for them. Likability doesn't mean that someone is competent to be the President of the United States. Obama has already proven that.
    jsr (999 posts)

5. So it's not so easy to fall in love with a rich man
    Typical liberal response. It's all about "LOVE", "HATING THE RICH" (except rich Democrats) and rarely talk about Obama's record and what he plans to do in the next 4 years.

catbyte (2,360 posts)

8. It won't work

The American public knows President Obama and they like him. The only way the Republicans have a chance at winning is to steal it, but I think the margins are getting to big for them to do it. I think that's what is freaking them out too. The more they pile hatred on Obama, the more they are repulsing the public and I think it will help us in the down ballot races. This could be a GOP catastrophe.

I was driving across town in Grand Rapids on Friday & there's a big billboard on the corner of 131S & 28th by the Republican Party that says, "Obama supports gay marriage & abortion...DO YOU?" I saw a car full of young people pull up next to me. They were pointing and nodding at the billboard and I could see them mouthing, "Yeah, we do!" I rolled down my window and told them to vote. They said they would, gave me a thumbs up, then the light turned.

Gave me hope.
    Yeah it's all about hope. Just like in 08, right? How's that working out for you DUmmie?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Unreal. A campaign and administration that has been caught in multiple lies (red handed, no ambiguity), most notably something about some video, and it's the Rs that are going to lie and cheat. If true, we have A LOT of catching up to do.

And 0bama is the filthiest campaigner in recent memory. Ask Hilary. You think that Chicago politics stuff is made up shit? They're disgusting liars and cheats.
    Be Not Afraid.

I don't love Romney but I LOATHE O Blather.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I can't wait to see them react when obama loses. Hopefully it is by a margin worse than Carter could even imagine.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I don't love Romney but I LOATHE O Blather.
    Yah the DUmmie doesn't take into account all the people who won't fall in love with Obama before election day too or even those who did love him but now don't. Romney's doing well with the undecideds (independents) so the DUmmie should pipe down.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Power CUer
    The "likeability" is overhyped. It doesn't matter who I'd rather "have a beer" with. My husband and I aren't meeting Barack and Michelle at a trendy place in DC for dinner. Ann and Mitt aren't coming over on Tuesday night for a cookout. I don't need buddies; I need leaders.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The "likeability" is overhyped. It doesn't matter who I'd rather "have a beer" with. My husband and I aren't meeting Barack and Michelle at a trendy place in DC for dinner. Ann and Mitt aren't coming over on Tuesday night for a cookout. I don't need buddies; I need leaders.

It all depends on what they're bringing to the cookout.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It all depends on what they're bringing to the cookout.
    Well, you KNOW they won't bring beer. Just some kind of damn fruit salad, most likely.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I would really like to know when "liking" a nominee became more important than his job experience. I liked Herman Cain, but thought that Huntsman had the real diplomatic experience. (Imagine, a President that spoke Mandarin and understood China.) I can live with Mitt, not because of any lightning up the leg (a la Chris Matthews) but because there's a functioning brain and governing experience.

Of course, I never liked Oblahblah. I found him cold, standoffish, arrogant, and distant. But that's not why I wouldn't vote for him. In 2008, he was an empty suit, no resume, a nothing who was sold to the American people like laundry soap. Now, he has an abominable track record and must be voted out to save what's left of the middle class.