1. #1 Rahm Seeks New Help In Violance In Chicago 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    And guess what, its help in getting more guns off the streets in Chicago. A city where they already have illegally draconian gun laws as it is.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...171939501.html

Let me guess what the top 3 will be.

1. Tougher gun laws.

2. A buy back program with money they don't have.

3. Fines for people caught with a gun.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    And guess what, its help in getting more guns off the streets in Chicago. A city where they already have illegally draconian gun laws as it is.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...171939501.html

Let me guess what the top 3 will be.

1. Tougher gun laws.

2. A buy back program with money they don't have.

3. Fines for people caught with a gun.
    Where are the New Black Panthers when you need them?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Where are the New Black Panthers when you need them?
    Heavily armed and causing at least some of the violence.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Detroit experienced somewhat of a lull in the violence in the 90s, under Mayor Dennis Archer. This was due to Archer's use of federal money (from Clinton) to beef up his police force-he ran it like Rudy ran NYPD.

During the 20 years or so that proceeded Archer's tenure, Mayor Young had totally pussified the department. Some reform was needed at the time-the DPD in the 60s had a history of shooting unarmed blacks, and this needed to end. Young went way overboard in his reforms and basically took away the ability of the police to use deadly force when necessary.

Archer didn't fire cops for shooting bad guys, so the cops were able to maintain a better sense of order. It was still a violent place, but it was better than in the 70s and 80s, and under his successor Kwame, who is currently on trial in federal court for corruption.

The current mayor, Dave Bing, doesn't have the money in the budget to run the kind of force that Archer did.

They have found their solution. Same way they solved their pesky jobs problem.

Official proposes bullet tax to curb Chicago crime

By DON BABWIN | Thurs October 18, 2012

CHICAGO (AP) — As Chicago struggles to quell gang violence that has contributed to a jump in homicides, a top elected official wants to tax the sale of every bullet and firearm — an effort even she acknowledges could spark a legal challenge.

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle [sic] will submit a budget proposal Thursday that calls for a tax of a nickel for each bullet and $25 for each firearm sold in the nation’s second-largest county, which encompasses Chicago.

[...]

Through last week, the city reported 409 homicides this year compared to 324 during the same period in 2011… [O]fficials say gang violence was largely to blame for a rash of shootings earlier this year…

How many gang members are going to buy their weapons at a federally licensed gun shop that will be paying this tax?

http://tinyurl.com/d76kmls
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Heavily armed and causing at least some of the violence.
    Survey says!

*DING DING DING DING!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    They have found their solution. Same way they solved their pesky jobs problem.

How many gang members are going to buy their weapons at a federally licensed gun shop that will be paying this tax?

http://tinyurl.com/d76kmls
    I saw this. So a 400$ handgun will now cost 425$. That oughta cool things down. As in, "If th' ammo wasn't so damn high, I'd shoot yo ass!"
    And will this tax ever - ever!? - go away? Newp. Pass it, and it's here to stay. Politicians will use any means at all to raise taxes, and this is a good example. Now, the sponsor of the bill is smart enough to know that her bill will not save a single soul. And she probably has already spent the revenue it will generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I saw this. So a 400$ handgun will now cost 425$. That oughta cool things down. As in, "If th' ammo wasn't so damn high, I'd shoot yo ass!"
    And will this tax ever - ever!? - go away? Newp. Pass it, and it's here to stay. Politicians will use any means at all to raise taxes, and this is a good example. Now, the sponsor of the bill is smart enough to know that her bill will not save a single soul. And she probably has already spent the revenue it will generate.
    Hell I can buy ammo on the net cheaper then I can in any store. So really who does this hurt? The local shops that are likely selling for hunting, or home protection, that one box that I will never use, but have for the pistol I keep for home protection.
    Rest In Peace America