Thread: Line creeping up at the bottom of my television...

1. #1 Line creeping up at the bottom of my television... 
    So I have a standard definition television. Not sure of its size nor the make (i'm sure its on the front of the set but I just haven't bothered looking).

Anyways, its been working perfectly until today. There is this line of light that is creeping from the bottom going up and down, never making it past 1/4 of the screen. Its annoying as hell. Its on all channels, including the video imputs, so I know its the tv itself. I checked each cord thats plugged in and nothing seems to be the cause of it. I'm at a loss.

Any help?
    I'll add something signature worthy later...

Banned
    Sounds like a ground loop to me.

Jerry

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    So I have a standard definition television. Not sure of its size nor the make (i'm sure its on the front of the set but I just haven't bothered looking).

Anyways, its been working perfectly until today. There is this line of light that is creeping from the bottom going up and down, never making it past 1/4 of the screen. Its annoying as hell. Its on all channels, including the video imputs, so I know its the tv itself. I checked each cord thats plugged in and nothing seems to be the cause of it. I'm at a loss.

Any help?
    Is it an old tube type set ?

Quote Originally Posted by jawilljr View Post
    Sounds like a ground loop to me.

Jerry
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Is it an old tube type set ?
    No.

It comes and goes, but its still annoying as hell. I really really need to get rid of it.
    I'll add something signature worthy later...

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Any ideas how to fix it?

No.

It comes and goes, but its still annoying as hell. I really really need to get rid of it.
    It Could be some sort of interference from something in the house running like a motor on an air conditioner or a furnace blower motor.If it starts at the bottom and moves up towards the middle and doesn't go all of the way to the top its some sort of motor causing the problems or perhaps low line voltage something related to the line frequency !