Thread: Did Son Of Dem Rep. Hack Palin E-Mail?

Hybrid View

1. #1 Did Son Of Dem Rep. Hack Palin E-Mail? 
    Did Son Of Dem Rep. Hack Palin E-Mail?
    FBI Searches Apartment For Evidence Linking Tenn. Lawmaker's Son To E-Mail Breach

WASHINGTON, Sept. 22, 2008

(AP) The FBI searched the residence of the son of a Democratic state lawmaker in Tennessee over the weekend looking for evidence linking the young man to the hacking of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's personal e-mail account, two law enforcement officials told The Associated Press on Monday.

David Kernell, 20, has not returned repeated phone calls or e-mails from the AP since last week. He is the son of state Rep. Mike Kernell, a Memphis Democrat and chairman of Tennessee's House Government Operations Committee. The father declined last week to discuss the possibility his son might be involved in the case.

"I had nothing to do with it, I had no knowledge or anything," Mike Kernell told the AP.

"I was not a party to anything of this nature at all," he added. "I wasn't in on this and I wouldn't know how to do anything like that."

(snip)

After the break-in, a person claiming responsibility published a detailed chronology of the hacking on the Web site where the break-in was first revealed. That person identified his e-mail address as one that has been linked publicly to David Kernell.

(snip)

"If Mike had known anything about this, he would have had a fit on his son," Deberry said. "When I saw his reaction when he first heard about it, the absolute fear and shock that was on his face, I realized then he had absolutely nothing to do with it."

Experts said the hacker apparently left an easy trail for investigators.

"He might as well have taken a picture of his house and uploaded it," said Ken Pfeil, an Internet security expert. "He should have just set up a big beacon that said, 'Here's my house,' or confessed. If they can't catch this guy based on all the information posted on the Web then all bets are off."
    I could catch this guy with all the info on Gawker.

CBSNews

Eyelids
    He didn't really HACK her email. He figured out her password.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Guess that makes it okay.

Resident Grump
    1. Identity theft: misrepresenting himself as the acct holder using personal details.

2. Hacking: UNAUTHORISED ACCESS to a private email account not belonging to him and without the knowledge or permission of the acct holder or Yahoo

3. Invasion of privacy: removal of personal information and photographs

4. Harassment / stalking: publishing a non published and specifically private mobile number on line for the purposes of harassment and intimidation of Sarah Palins family for political gain.

5. Publishng the email address of other people means THEY can press charges as well.

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/

You agree to not use the Service to:impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Yahoo! official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

Pay attention, stupid
    Hacking: 1. the act of cutting with repeated irregular or unskillful blows 2. the act of clearing by cutting away vegetation 3. the act of forfeiting individual freedom of action or professional integrity in exchange for wages or other assured reward Unauthorized use, or attempts to circumvent or bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network.
    If I were Kernell..I'd be more worried about what they will do to him for stalking. Hacking brings up to twenty years..stalkling a Governor?..means Federal time.

Forgot that, didnt you Eyelids? She's still the Governor of Alaska....this kid's life is OVER.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 09-24-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Eyelids
    Oh the kid is going to probably do a few weeks of community service, issue an apology and get on with his life. He was throwing a party when the cops showed up, his lawyers obviously have been telling him hes going to be alright.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    If it happened to any of us it would've been our fault for being so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    If it happened to any of us it would've been our fault for being so stupid.
    Yep.

Bitch deserved to get raped!

3am and she was dressed like THAT!?

She had it coming.

nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    Of course. Since it happened to a Republican, Blinky has no problem with it and thinks the perp did no wrong. However, had it been Biden's account that had been hacked, Blinky would be screaming for the perps head on a platter.

Resident Grump
    Oh the kid is going to probably do a few weeks of community service, issue an apology and get on with his life.
    I doubt very mu8ch the Secret Service will see it that way..and you're forgetting that even if Yahoo doesnt charge him, there are still two words that can crippe him forever.

Punitive damages.

Hacking is a FEDERAL OFFENCE. You dont get community service.

He was throwing a party when the cops showed up, his lawyers obviously have been telling him hes going to be alright.
    Those were FBI, not "cops", they came at 1am, they threw his friends out. His lawyers obviously weren't advised of the raid.

When the FBI kick your door down....you are in deep shit. You don't get it, do you? He hacked the email account of a State Governor to adversely affect the outcome of a Federal election.

"Community service?"

He will do at least five years.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Those were FBI, not "cops", they came at 1am, they threw his friends out. His lawyers obviously weren't advised of the raid.

When the FBI kick your door down....you are in deep shit. You don't get it, do you? He hacked the email account of a State Governor to adversely affect the outcome of a Federal election.

"Community service?"

He will do at least five years.
    Rasch says if the hacker were charged with a misdemeanor, he would likely face a sentence of zero to six months, depending on his history, attitude and contrition. If the hacker were to come forward and apologize to Palin and tell the FBI exactly what he did, prosecutors might take this into consideration.

"If the government treats this for what it really is, which was a kid who was curious to see if he could do this . . . then the kid should be in reasonably good shape" and face "little, if any, jail time," Rasch said.
    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...hack-migh.html