Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So you endorse his remarks? Not surprised.
    Linda, learn a little history some time. That line of thinking was very common back around his Grandfathers time. I've heard me own Grandparents speak in such manor. And yes they all thought they were good Christians. If you go back further to the time around the civil war and earlier, you will see where people thought slavery was condoned and ordered by the bible.

And to say that some one "Endorse" those remarks without knowing the way society was is ignorance while only stating what one's ancestors believed.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My grandpa used to say that abortion should be illegal for white people, but legal and free for black people. He also thought that there probably was a way to genetically weed out gay people and abort them before they were born.
    So did Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Abortionhood.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Linda, learn a little history some time. That line of thinking was very common back around his Grandfathers time. I've heard me own Grandparents speak in such manor. And yes they all thought they were good Christians. If you go back further to the time around the civil war and earlier, you will see where people thought slavery was condoned and ordered by the bible.

And to say that some one "Endorse" those remarks without knowing the way society was is ignorance while only stating what one's ancestors believed.
    My ancestors grew up in a more enlightened part of the country.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    So did Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Abortionhood.
    I bet Linda Numbers has Margaret Sanger figurines in her china cabinet.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    No, mostly Waterford glasses and Haviland china. No Flintstone jelly glasses like at your house, either.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

No, mostly Waterford glasses and Haviland china. No Flintstone jelly glasses like at your house, either.
    Betty is hawt!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

And he probably thought he was a very good Christian.

No, he was an unabashed atheist, who believed in science. The nuns who taught in his school in Austria tied his left hand behind his back until he learned to write with his right hand. He decided at the age of 10 or so that religion was superstitious nonsense.

My comment was directed specifically to Nova's comments, and to try to make him think about the implications of his ideas.

Fabulous Poster
    My grandpa used to say that abortion should be illegal for white people, but legal and free for black people. He also thought that there probably was a way to genetically weed out gay people and abort them before they were born.
    You forgot to say, "It's just like the Irish" and "You're just like Hitler."

Regardless of ethnicity, when you have a minority group that is hellbent on conquering the majority and destroying its culture through rampant procreation, then you will have ever more extreme solutions offered. Clearly, gay people as a group do not fall into this category but your grandfather can be forgiven for being a man of his time and/or place.

Now in the US, we have a unique situation with blacks. During your grandfather's time (I'm guessing) their numbers increased significantly. That appears to have leveled off and while some of them are dancing in the street at the notion that "white people will be a minority by 2050", they clearly haven't taken a good look at the statistical prediction or terminology because that same prediction holds that American congoid people will be reduced from their present 12.6% to about 9%. Immigration and immigrant reproduction is driving the ethnic shift in the American census, not American blacks of colonial ancestry. Which brings me to the fact that for whatever problems we may have between us, or whatever issues white people have to deal with as a result of the dysfunctional culture of the black community- they are our fellow Americans almost as deeply rooted as we are ourselves. If America had wanted to rid itself of black people, its greed seems to have trumped the desires and the window of opportunity has passed. The same simply cannot be said of the persistent wave of Islamists from Asia and Africa into Europe, the Americas, Australia, and anywhere else where they can get a hand hold.

The wave of Islamist migration is deliberate. We aren't bringing them here on slave ships. The British aren't taking away their farms in Ireland. The blight which drives them is the one they choose, champion, and bring with them, not one which drove them from their homes and remains in their former homeland.

And he probably thought he was a very good Christian.
    That is offensive and you should have your head cut off.

You should thank God that Christians down respond as Muslims do.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    No, he was an unabashed atheist, who believed in science. The nuns who taught in his school in Austria tied his left hand behind his back until he learned to write with his right hand. He decided at the age of 10 or so that religion was superstitious nonsense.

My comment was directed specifically to Nova's comments, and to try to make him think about the implications of his ideas.
    The gay community has been doomed since the first gay rights law or ruling came down. When gay people have equal rights and the struggle is over, when discrimination and stupidity towards gay people are gone, slowly but surely the young will forget the common bond of the struggle.

Of course, when looking at the future, we have always to be concerned about pulling the wrong thread from the tapestry (Twilight of the Golds) , but there really are straight people who excel in just about every aspect of being queer. So while I don't think that gay people should be exterminated, if they were scientifically excluded genetically then I don't see the world coming to an end. Of course, that will leave a lot of elderly parents without a special loving child who cares for them in their old age, but I think heterosexuals can manage that duty as well.

I'll bet you that heterosexuals can even plan weddings, run restaurants, sing, dance, act, design beautiful fascist uniforms, run the Church of England and all sorts of things.