Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You've spotted the critical detail that the French are missing. The children that they couldn't be bothered having and raising will not be there to maintain their culture, much less their social programs, and the Muslims aren't going to be interested in paying for their retirement benefits, so expect those to decline precipitously, with resulting exoduses of retirees, further reducing the French population relative to the Muslims. Right now, a number of French cities have Muslim majorities, and almost every city has at least one Muslim enclave where French law is not in force. In another generation, the country as a whole will have a Muslim majority, and that will be the end of France as a western nation. We need to begin planning for the dissolution of NATO.
    I reject the idea that if each woman doesn't have three children that it somehow props open the door to Asian and African migration.
    I reject the idea that population must continue to expand to sustain a country, when common sense tells you that an ever increasing population places unsustainable demands on our resources as well as our ability to tolerate close captivity. Human beings can stand being jammed together, but not if they feel trapped. People can live in New York, because they can go elsewhere for a break. Those who don't go elsewhere don't seem to do as well.

I live on a Peninsula. In the last 15 years, the trip from here to the other side of Tampa (ie escape) has changed from about 40 minutes to an hour up to two hours. The 75 mile trip from here to Orlando has gone from an hour and a half to up to four hours. Our experience with population growth is that the new people, be they immigrants or native Americans, will live within 50 miles of the coasts. That land is full. The only place to go is up, and that sucks.

I believe that you can scale down a country to work with a smaller population. In fact, it's happened in the past. To the horror of ten cent millionaires that means that a young person can actually save for a house or farm, because the price isn't rising 10% per year. Our wealth is somewhat artificial, and the only way for some to maintain their wealth is like Wayne Huizenga, to bulldoze and build on the Everglades for ever more people. Perhaps that's not the best way of doing things anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I reject the idea that if each woman doesn't have three children that it somehow props open the door to Asian and African migration.
    I reject the idea that population must continue to expand to sustain a country, when common sense tells you that an ever increasing population places unsustainable demands on our resources as well as our ability to tolerate close captivity. Human beings can stand being jammed together, but not if they feel trapped. People can live in New York, because they can go elsewhere for a break. Those who don't go elsewhere don't seem to do as well.

I live on a Peninsula. In the last 15 years, the trip from here to the other side of Tampa (ie escape) has changed from about 40 minutes to an hour up to two hours. The 75 mile trip from here to Orlando has gone from an hour and a half to up to four hours. Our experience with population growth is that the new people, be they immigrants or native Americans, will live within 50 miles of the coasts. That land is full. The only place to go is up, and that sucks.

I believe that you can scale down a country to work with a smaller population. In fact, it's happened in the past. To the horror of ten cent millionaires that means that a young person can actually save for a house or farm, because the price isn't rising 10% per year. Our wealth is somewhat artificial, and the only way for some to maintain their wealth is like Wayne Huizenga, to bulldoze and build on the Everglades for ever more people. Perhaps that's not the best way of doing things anymore?
    In the case of France, if we excluded all further immigration to the country the same issue that Ody points out would still arise. French birth rates decline and Muslim birth rates go up. Eventually you have a Muslim majority that cares nothing for French heretiage... only glorifying Allah.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    No, he was an unabashed atheist, who believed in science.
    So Linda, do you feel stupid yet? Jumping to Christianity as the culprit all the time?

As for the French, Good Luck, your french citizens will be aborting and you'll have the Muslim Majority making laws. I hope you read up on Sharia Law. Once the Muzzie's get into elected office, expect your Constitution to change.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    In the case of France, if we excluded all further immigration to the country the same issue that Ody points out would still arise. French birth rates decline and Muslim birth rates go up. Eventually you have a Muslim majority that cares nothing for French heretiage... only glorifying Allah.
    France is pretty much in the same position with Magreb people as the US is with Mexicans numerically. I see no reason why both can't be deported. We can either do it under the existing forms of government, or wait until the people have had enough and support a leader with an iron fist.

France is pretty much in the same position with Magreb people as the US is with Mexicans numerically. I see no reason why both can't be deported. We can either do it under the existing forms of government, or wait until the people have had enough and support a leader with an iron fist.
    I don't believe that either country has the gumption to depart and most certainly neither have the financial resources to do it right now.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't believe that either country has the gumption to depart and most certainly neither have the financial resources to do it right now.
    Gumption is more operative. A leader with gumption could ask the people to facilitate the departure of the illegals. Making life unbearable for the illegals would be a good way to begin the deportation. If they can't find work or homes, then it is rather difficult for them to remain here. All the government might have to do is offer transportation to those at the greatest distance from home.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    So Linda, do you feel stupid yet? Jumping to Christianity as the culprit all the time?
    Certainly not, since I haven't done so. Christian principles are very good ones - it's the failure to follow them that I was commenting on. I hope that helps you.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Gumption is more operative. A leader with gumption could ask the people to facilitate the departure of the illegals. Making life unbearable for the illegals would be a good way to begin the deportation. If they can't find work or homes, then it is rather difficult for them to remain here. All the government might have to do is offer transportation to those at the greatest distance from home.
    Trebuchets. Lots of trebuchets. A leader needs to call on the people to build trebuchets to use those to deport illegals.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Certainly not, since I haven't done so. Christian principles are very good ones - it's the failure to follow them that I was commenting on. I hope that helps you.
    But I've noticed that liberal Christains interpret Christian principles differently than conservative Christians. Whose Christian principles are you refering to?
    Last edited by FlaGator; 10-02-2012 at 06:09 PM.

C. S. Lewis