Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Romney's garbage man stars in new attack ad.... 
    No one made you go be a garbage man. If you find it to be such thankless work then find something else to do. If you need a big warm and fuzzy pat on the back from everyone all of the time you picked the wrong career. While it is a nice gesture, I don't believe it is necessary to thank anyone for doing a job they are getting paid for. Thats what makes a job a job instead of it being charity. What a bullshit ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q28r7m_FU

Something else that doesn't pass the smell test (no pun intended) is the person in the video stating that he loaded the garbage into the truck manualy. We have Waste Management, the same company that picks up the trash in La Jolla, here in San Jose and all of their trucks are one man operations due to every truck having an automated arm that picks up the entire can and dumps it in the back of the truck then puts it back on the ground. The driver doesn't have to get out at all to operate this. So now they expect me to believe that they don't have the same equipment in La Jolla that they have in San Jose? I don't think so.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Garbage in garbage out.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Did he do this much complaining when a liberal didn't come out of their 15,000 square foot mansion to thank him? I have to wonder how much the obama campaign paid this guy to embarrass himself? I also have to wonder if they are trying the Meg Whitman house keeper ploy?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Did he do this much complaining when a liberal didn't come out of their 15,000 square foot mansion to thank him? I have to wonder how much the obama campaign paid this guy to embarrass himself?
    Well, I don't live in a walled mansion but I say hi/wave to the mail-man, trash-man (who also pick up trash by hand here). I think the point of this ad is "Mitt Romney either doesn't understand or doesn't care that a working class exists. And therefore Mitt Romney has no interest in being the president of everyone." Given the mistakes of the Romney campaign, I don't think in general terms this is an entirely unfair criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Well, I don't live in a walled mansion but I say hi/wave to the mail-man, trash-man (who also pick up trash by hand here). I think the point of this ad is "Mitt Romney either doesn't understand or doesn't care that a working class exists. And therefore Mitt Romney has no interest in being the president of everyone." Given the mistakes of the Romney campaign, I don't think in general terms this is an entirely unfair criticism.
    Given the mistakes of obama, I don't think saying that he is a Muslim terrorist sympathizer who hates christians, and cares more about illegal aliens and union thugs than he does about anyone else is an entirely unfair criticism.

They were saying on Quinn and Rose this morning about how Romney used to work labor jobs when he was Governor of Mass, so he can understand how they feel. One of those jobs was a 'TRASH MAN'. I don't recall obama ever doing that. obama has no idea what a job, or manual labor is. He has never held a private sector job, or picked up a shovel in life.

Bringing up how Romney was a trash man, shows once again that the obama campaign stuck their foot in their mouth. This happens every time they try to bring something up against Romney. You would think that after a while they would just give up. I guess they are just too stupid to do that.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    They were saying on Quinn and Rose this morning about how Romney used to work labor jobs when he was Governor of Mass, so he can understand how they feel. One of those jobs was a 'TRASH MAN'.
    Where is this Romney on the campaign trail? Because campaign-trail Romney paints an entirely different (and substantially less-favorable) picture of himself.

Where is this Romney on the campaign trail? Because campaign-trail Romney paints an entirely different (and substantially less-favorable) picture of himself.
    You have to get these stories from the alternative media, I heard it from talk shows at the beginning of the campaign. Main stream media has reported every detail they could find to portray Obama in a positive light but have ignored everything favorable about Romney unless it is shouted in their faces where they cannot ignore it.
    Romney campaign needs to get much louder.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

The message of the ad is a whiny black man trying to make Romney and the rest of us look racist an aloof again, an extremely tired mantra at this point.

I never see the people who pick up my garbage. They either do it before I get up or after I'm gone to work. Perhaps I'll start leaving thank you cards on the top of the trash cans. I wouldn't want Team Obama getting made a me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis