Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Something I need to share with everyone. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esna297lLTM

I had to sit through that for the sake of my son. You all should as well.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Spiders. Yuk. We left Texas about 12 years ago, and there were plenty of tarantulas to be seen. Tarantulas don't bother me. I can handle them. Literally.
    The thing that I can't handle is the Brown Recluse. I have found 5 or 6 of them around the house just this past month. Most of them were is the wood pile I am splitting, but one of them was in a blanket in the closet.

Most people around here have seen a Brown Recluse, but they are such innocuous looking critters that they are usually ignored. Smush 'em and forget 'em. But if those people only knew.........

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Spiders. Yuk. We left Texas about 12 years ago, and there were plenty of tarantulas to be seen. Tarantulas don't bother me. I can handle them. Literally.
    The thing that I can't handle is the Brown Recluse. I have found 5 or 6 of them around the house just this past month. Most of them were is the wood pile I am splitting, but one of them was in a blanket in the closet.

Most people around here have seen a Brown Recluse, but they are such innocuous looking critters that they are usually ignored. Smush 'em and forget 'em. But if those people only knew.........
    Got Recluse around my parts too, but don't see them as often. Don't know what I'd do if they were in my blankets.

Got alot of Black Widow though. Have even seen a dead male, which is pretty rare sight. They are nasty. Bites like a nerve toxin.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Got Recluse around my parts too, but don't see them as often. Don't know what I'd do if they were in my blankets.
    I know what I'd do. Close the closet door. Leave the house. Burn it down.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I know what I'd do. Close the closet door. Leave the house. Burn it down.
    I thought spiders gave you professional courtesy and stayed out of your way.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I got bite by a Brown Recluse yrs back. On my leg just above & to the side of my knee. Got me a nice scar and hole. People ask if it's a gun shot scar.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    We're both venomous, but completely different species.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    We're both venomous, but completely different species.
    lol I totally agree, must be the end of the world.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I got bite by a Brown Recluse yrs back. On my leg just above & to the side of my knee. Got me a nice scar and hole. People ask if it's a gun shot scar.
    The few people I have known who were bitten have horror stories about rotting tissue and multiple operations. Dang spiders can go months without a meal of any sort, and I have found them dead. I guess they just sit there and starve to death. Ought to change their name to Democrat Spiders....

Tarantulas aren't poisonous, so I could probably deal with them. Spiders in and of themselves don't scare me.

We don't really get big spiders in Michigan, unless someone buys one at the pet store. Most spiders that get into my house end up as cat toys, until she kills them, that is.

My dad said when he was a kid, he'd hang out at the produce terminal on the Detroit River. He told us that sometimes there were tarantulas in the Chiquita boxes. That probably doesn't happen so much now, with the use of pesticides.