Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Do they think we are that dumb? 
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...mployment-drop

I bet anyone 10 dollars that these number will be "adjusted" between now and Nov 7, any takers?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Does it matter? Obama and campaign will still trumpet it as if it were true.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Does it matter? Obama and campaign will still trumpet it as if it were true.
    I am choking on my own rage here, that idiots will believe this crap.

Personally, I don't think they care if it is believed or not. They just *had* to put it out there.

More here as well:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...-december-2008

The unemployment rate decreased to 7.8 percent in September, a number certain to impact the presidential race.
    Pundits have been saying for months this number had to drop below 8 percent for it not to be a hindrance to President Obama's reelection chances.

The economy added 114,000 nonfarm payrolls in the month according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics with gains in healthcare, transportation and warehousing.
    Truly shocking in the report was that the number of unemployed people dropped by 456,000 to 12.1 million.

Maybe more shocking, total employment, as measured by the Household Survey, rose by 873,000 in September to 142,974,000, the biggest one month jump since June 1983.
    As such, total employment now stands at the highest level it's been since December 2008 before Obama was inaugurated.

But even more mysterious is the divergence in the two surveys done by the Labor Department.

The Household Survey showed a gain of 873,000 people employed in September - resulting in the surprise drop in the unemployment rate - while the Establishment Survey only showed a rise of 114,000.
    Hmmm.
    Reminds me of Psalm 98:1 for some strange reason! ...

O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Personally, I don't think they care if it is believed or not. They just *had* to put it out there.

More here as well:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...-december-2008

Reminds me of Psalm 98:1 for some strange reason! ...
    The people who support Obama while hold this up as a victory, the Romney supporters are going to claim that the administration is fudging the numbers, the undecided are going to question the validity of the numbers turning so positive now when the election is so close. I feel that the average undecided voter is going to suspect there is something fishy about all this and it will end up not helping Obama very much.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Well I broke my own facebook political neutral rule on this one. Just spelled out that the numbers don't seem to add up, and even some of the major media outlets our questioning it. Figured it's time to start calling some shit out on places were people of not-like mind will see it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well I broke my own facebook political neutral rule on this one. Just spelled out that the numbers don't seem to add up, and even some of the major media outlets our questioning it. Figured it's time to start calling some shit out on places were people of not-like mind will see it.
    I hope this blows up in Obama's face, like a acme dynamite kit. I can't believe how arrogant they are to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I hope this blows up in Obama's face, like a acme dynamite kit. I can't believe how arrogant they are to do something like this.
    Apparently they think that this info will be accepted without question. I'm not saying that the data is fudged but it sure seems that way and it certainly sounds like some Chicago political trick to try and fool the masses

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Apparently they think that this info will be accepted without question. I'm not saying that the data is fudged but it sure seems that way and it certainly sounds like some Chicago political trick to try and fool the masses
    How can it not be fudged? 114k cant explain .3 percentage points

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    How can it not be fudged? 114k cant explain .3 percentage points
    I noticed that 800,000 home based jobs were added. Perhaps they started counting drug dealers and prostitutes?

C. S. Lewis