Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Thank YOU to the Obama administration, handlers and election committee. Thank YOU for coddling and protecting the President from tough questions by journalists. Thank YOU to the liberal MSM who have treated the President with kid gloves. Thanks to you, Obama was unable to perform tonight in a REAL debate with a REAL opponent.

Keep coddling him.
    Nice point. Good observation, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Nice point. Good observation, I think.
    Thanks, the "law of unintended consequences" strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What private company insures Ann Romney and what is the annual premium?
    Like most people, I can't figure out where you are headed with this question.

For the record, legislators are not provided free health care; they have to buy it, and it is administered by a private company. I'm saying this because you seem to want to spit out the words "private company", as if it were a curse. Of course it would be a private company. At least until he takes office
    Members of Congress participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program along with about 8 million federal workers, retirees and their dependents. They are subject to the same rules and receive the same coverage. Compared with health plans offered by private employers, the FEHBP offers more choices in fact, "the widest selection of health plans in the country," according to the Office of Personnel Management.

Congress members are also eligible for Medicare, and pay the same 1.45 percent tax on their salary as do other workers.
    http://www.aarp.org/work/employee-be...lly_get.2.html

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Any one check out CNN?

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Romney was like an executive in a boardroom enthusiastically laying out his plans for a new project, Obama acted dejected and beat.
    Instead of being mad at Romney because he won they should be looking at why he won, he won because he was on the right side of the issues and confidently displayed that.
    Now the battle is going to be the "debates don't matter" narrative... expect the following:

"So what, Romney beat Obama in a debate. Debates have nothing to do with running the country"
    "Romney didn't have his facts straight. Obama showed remarkable restraint not calling Romney out on the lies. While Romney 'won' the debate, he did so through deception."
    "Romney may have technically won the debate, but Obama looked very presidential on the podium. Calm and collected. Romney was an attack dog, a loose canon... is that really who we want running our foreign policy?"
    "Obama is just tired of answering the same false Republican logic over and over. We in the media all make a big deal out of debates, but the reality is we need to let Obama get back to being President"
    "Obama's already won the election. The debates are just a distraction."

In all honesty though, at this point do you really think the debates are going to make a significant difference in who is going to vote for who ? perhaps a point or two but won't make a difference. I think the media and rigged polls ave been rather deceiving about this being a close race.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Romney is going to win by 10 points or better.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    In all honesty though, at this point do you really think the debates are going to make a significant difference in who is going to vote for who ? perhaps a point or two but won't make a difference. I think the media and rigged polls ave been rather deceiving about this being a close race.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Romney is going to win by 10 points or better.
    These debates do mater. Its easy for some of us to say they don't. Or they won't have an influence on "How I will Vote". But they do affect the elections.

For instance, if you were one of the few still on the fence about Romney, not being able to do the job of getting across that finish line, well seeing his performance tonight sure energized our base. Look at what every one is saying on the net. Mitt pulled off exactly what he needed.

And look at Obama's base. They are devastated. If they were on the fence about "Bothering to Vote", well Obama didn't help get them to the polls tonight.

Also Romney was right about the 47%. Sorta.

On average 47% will vote for Obama no mater what.
    But in the same breath, 47% will vote for Romney no mater what.

The real fight is on average for 6% of the voters who are undecided. And yes, there are some out there who still have not decided as at this point, they have more important things in their life then politics.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    I haven't read this thread yet - I'll go back over it - but just wanted to say that all 90 minutes were thoroughly enjoyable. It was a calm discussion of issues, which was refreshing and probably won't last. I wish the whole campaign could be like last night was. I doubt Jim Lehrer would agree - he lost control early and never got it back.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I haven't read this thread yet - I'll go back over it - but just wanted to say that all 90 minutes were thoroughly enjoyable. It was a calm discussion of issues, which was refreshing and probably won't last. I wish the whole campaign could be like last night was. I doubt Jim Lehrer would agree - he lost control early and never got it back.
    Well you are going to love the foreign policy debate. :D
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly