Thread: TONIGHT'S DEBATE AS IT UNFOLDS ...

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

The MSM reports are funny this morning.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Thank YOU to the Obama administration, handlers and election committee. Thank YOU for coddling and protecting the President from tough questions by journalists. Thank YOU to the liberal MSM who have treated the President with kid gloves. Thanks to you, Obama was unable to perform tonight in a REAL debate with a REAL opponent.

Keep coddling him.
    I was listening to Rudi Giulani last night and he blamed part of Obama's problem on the fact that he no longer gives press conferences and fields random questions. He had absolutely no practice at answering off the cuff because, as you have pointed out, no one ever asks him questions he is not expecting. Even his town all meetings are being populated with supporters who have no interesting him asking him about his record as president or any of his policies.

This next debate is suppose to be a town hall format which his team and others claims he likes and thus will do better. Unless the audience had been loaded with Obama ringers I don't think this is true. If he gets questions asking him to defend his foreign policy in contrast with the current state of the middle east, he will stumble. Like the questions last night about the economy he doesn't have a positive record to fall back on and can only respond with hypotheticals relating to Romney's plans.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    For the record, I think that Jim Lehrer did a good job as moderator.
    If his job was to be as unnoticed as possible, yes. If his job was to direct and limit time on the topics, not so much.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Did the president look like he was setting Mitt up for a loss last night? the Dump monkeys think obama is just waiting in the weeds for the right time to attack.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Did the president look like he was setting Mitt up for a loss last night? the Dump monkeys think obama is just waiting in the weeds for the right time to attack.
    If your candidate comes off looking like a total amateur buffoon, and you live in denial, then the only answer could be he's so smart and 10 steps ahead thus laying a super smart trap for Romney and we are all too simple minded to see it.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

What will Obama's October surprise be, will he have one?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I watched maybe 1/2 hour of this debate last night. I have to say that within the realm of how politics is played today.... That was one of the biggest donkey stomps by a candidate over a sitting POTUS I have ever witnessed.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If your candidate comes off looking like a total amateur buffoon, and you live in denial, then the only answer could be he's so smart and 10 steps ahead thus laying a super smart trap for Romney and we are all too simple minded to see it.
    I am over 40 and I haven't seen such a level of denial in all of my years. He plays 3d chess lol I pray to God he loses I will burn my alt over there just to rub it in their faces.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

My lib bro conceded that Romney won last night. This morning he said "if Romney wins, I am "f%$#@d." So I said "Consider yourself "f$#$%d."

But the SPIN is in with the Obama clan this morning.. Most are claiming Romney won in style but not substance. Some are saying the debate doesn't matter. Some are saying Obama won. But they can't disguise the anger in their voice which exposes their real feelings.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Any one catch this this?
    OBAMA: Jim, I — you may want to move onto another topic, but I — I would just say this to the American people. If you believe that we can cut taxes by $5 trillion and add $2 trillion in additional spending that the military is not asking for, $7 trillion — just to give you a sense, over 10 years, that’s more than our entire defense budget — and you think that by closing loopholes and deductions for the well-to-do, somehow you will not end up picking up the tab, then Governor Romney’s plan may work for you.
    Obama talking about jobs. Asking Jim to move onto something else he can better defend and talk about.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009