Thread: TONIGHT'S DEBATE AS IT UNFOLDS ...

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Californians Watch, Think Romney Won Clash With Obama In 1st Debate

October 3, 2012 11:59 PM

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5) — Californians watched closely Wednesday evening as President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney sparred aggressively in their first campaign debate over taxes, deficits and strong steps needed to create jobs in a sputtering national economy. “The status quo is not going to cut it,” declared the challenger.

Obama in turn accused his rival of seeking to “double down” on economic policies that actually led to the devastating national downturn four years ago – and of evasiveness on details for Romney proposals on tax changes, health care, Wall Street regulation and more.

Both men made frequent references to the weak economy and high national unemployment, by far the dominant issue in the race for the White House. But debate watchers in California split on who they trust more on the economy, a significant moral victory for Romney.

Even more importantly — particularly in what is considered a ‘Blue’ state, where not surprisingly significantly more Democrats watched the debate than Republicans — it was striking that 48% thought Romney was the clear winner.

That’s according to a KPIX-TV CBS 5 poll taken right after the debate, which found only 34% of Golden State debate watchers actually believed Obama won.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...in-1st-debate/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    right up the ass

Outstanding!!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    if looks could kill...........

he's a dead mutherfucker
    Was that actually from the debate?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    That picture is hilarious! What's the source? There's a heated commentary on my Facebook page, with women saying Romney "bullied" Obama, which I totally didn't see - maybe because they are mommies and I am not. This picture is of Michelle being a protective mommy! I want to post it!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    So you think you can have a free market without regulation?
    Yes I do. That's what a free market is.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Would it be a free market if the Mafia took it over?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I am shocked Romney wasn't charged with a hate crime for the beat down he administered on obama
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I am shocked Romney wasn't charged with a hate crime for the beat down he administered on obama
    I half expected MSNBC to call it a lynching.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    So you don't have any issues with a company employing 10 year olds to work putting together circuit boards for .50 an hour?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    So you don't have any issues with a company employing 10 year olds to work putting together circuit boards for .50 an hour?
    Hey if it keeps those little buggers out of trouble, what's the problem?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.