Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Children were employed in the textile industry in the US until we passed laws/regulations to stop it.
    Not to mention that the rural people of the US were the "India" for much of the 20th century. Particularly Southern rural people who worked in box and shirt factories and other textiles and apparel factories under less than modern conditions for piecework wages until the unions came along. Once the relatively well paid Northern factory workers started having to share the wealth the clothing industry started moving to other countries.

Jesus, we even import lumber these days. Will everyone be happy when there are no jobs but healthcare, Walmart, and AC repair?

http://www.fairlumbercoalition.org/

The U.S. Coalition for Fair Lumber Imports is an alliance of large and small independent sawmills from around the country, joined by hundreds of thousands of their employees, and tens of thousands of woodland owners. We are united in opposition to Canada’s unfair trade practice of virtually giving away its forestlands to companies that export lumber to the U.S., the world’s largest wood products market.

Canada’s lumber subsidies are destroying the U.S. lumber industry, threatening its workers with mounting unemployment, and denying many tree farmers a market for their timber crops. The impact of these subsidies is apparent everywhere. Despite a strong home building market, U.S. lumber prices are touching new lows, bankruptcies and mill shutdowns are high and climbing higher, while Canada’s share of the U.S. market approaches 35 percent, a near record high.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The question I asked is relevant. Ann Romney is 63 years old and probably uninsurable. Will a Medicare or any kind of healthcare voucher enable a person such as her to get comprehensive health insurance? How fortunate she is that her husband is wealthy, how unfortunate for those in similar circumstances who didn't think far enough ahead to marry strategically.
    Well, I bet there is some Mormon group private insurance plan they're on.

Jesus, we even import lumber these days. Will everyone be happy when there are no jobs but healthcare, Walmart, and AC repair?
    Hey, I'd love to see it changed. How about we go after the assholes who made it almost impossible to do business in the United States?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I guess it works out well for the bottom-line profits, and we all know that profits are more important than ethics in today's world.

Without profits, there are no businesses. Without businesses, there is no tax base. Without a tax base, you are out of a job. Flinging around platitudes without answers are what got obama his ass handed to him last night and has fucked our country up for years to come, a lesson that many should learn.

A completely unregulated market is a Libertarian myth that cannot and has not ever existed in any country, it would mean the absolute absence of any governing body and even in a state of anarchy this does not truly exist, having your products stolen by roving bands is not a free market either.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The question I asked is relevant. Ann Romney is 63 years old and probably uninsurable. Will a Medicare or any kind of healthcare voucher enable a person such as her to get comprehensive health insurance? How fortunate she is that her husband is wealthy, how unfortunate for those in similar circumstances who didn't think far enough ahead to marry strategically.
    Wow...you really are pissed off over your hero getting his ass handed to him last night aren't you?

And you conveniently leave out the fact that with the Ryan plan you are attempting to disparage...someone Ann Romney's age won't see one change in their current healthcare.

Anyone 54 and younger will have the chance to go out and find the best coverage tailored to what they want.

Can't say that under the death panels coming with Obama care.

But then you already knew that...you just wanted to toss in a flaming straw man to try and bust up our celebration of Romney's debate victory last night.

Sucks to be you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Well, I bet there is some Mormon group private insurance plan they're on.
    Wow...your religious intolerance smells like Libtard.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    That is probably not going to happen in a free market. This is the same as saying that if guns are legal everyone's gonna start killing each other.
    Why do you say that won't happen in a free society?

Why do you think that sweat shop laws where instituted at the turn of the century?

Because this type of behavior was going in in a free society (yes right here in the good ole U S of A). Minors were being used a source of cheap labor in factories at the start of the industrial era. The original labor laws were passed to regulate the mistreatment of the labor force and keep factory owners from profiting on the backs and sweat of a child labor force.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Was that actually from the debate?
    yes it was.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Wow...your religious intolerance smells like Libtard.
    ?

https://www.lds.org/church/employmen...ation?lang=eng

Basic Benefits: Medical (multiple options), dental, group term life insurance, disability insurance, occupational accidental death and dismemberment, annual and sick leave pay.

Supplemental Benefits: Supplemental group term life insurance, 24-hour accidental death and dismemberment, long-term care insurance, property casualty insurance (home and auto) options, EyeMed vision benefit.

Retirement Benefits: Master retirement pension plan (less than 20% of U.S. employees still have a defined benefit or pension plan available to them), 401(k), 401(a), Roth 401(k). Tax Savings Benefits: Medical flexible spending account (FSA), premium-only plan (POP, health insurance premiums are taken out before taxes).

Compensation: Church compensation systems are designed to reflect comparable pay levels in the relevant labor market, while acknowledging a measure of consecration.

Romney was a church... deacon? I don't recall. But he was working for the Church in an official capacity. The LDS actually owns a couple of insurance companies. So I would assume he's on that plan. I would be. Why are you turning this into some sort of attack?