Thread: TONIGHT'S DEBATE AS IT UNFOLDS ...

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What private company insures Ann Romney and what is the annual premium?
    Not sure what this has to do with the debate?

Back on topic, the Health Care segment will be huge. Seal the deal here Romney, just wreck him.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Why do you ask?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Don't know, don't care and has nothing to do with the debate.

Next question...and try to keep it on topic.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Nova asked because Romney said he prefers private insurance to government and he believes in Americans having a Choice. I have private insurance myself and my employer is now scratching it and raising rates, thanks to Obamacare. I'll find out what my new deductible will be next month. It's all part of Obamacare's plan to go to a single payer system and death squads.

yeah I do kinda want to know what Romney will replace dodd-frank and obamacare with.

In reply to Obama and premiums going up slightly... my have gone up only slightly but the coverage as gone down greatly. My current plan is practically useless as compared to what it was 4 year ago.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Nova asked because Romney said he prefers private insurance to government and he believes in Americans having a Choice. I have private insurance myself and my employer is now scratching it and raising rates, thanks to Obamacare. I'll find out what my new deductible will be next month. It's all part of Obamacare's plan to go to a single payer system and death squads.
    I suspect that Nova was getting at the cost she pays for her plan.

C. S. Lewis

God, but I hope that people are watching this.

Romney's comments are clear, concise and structured, while Obama's are all over the place. His body language is confident, while Obama comes off as tentative, and he's stammering. The comparison to his kids was superb. It reminded people that Obama is basically a kid who is in over his head. He's nailed him on the Medicare cuts and destroyed him on green energy. Best line was, "I've been in business for 25 years, and I don't know what you're talking about."

This is a slam dunk.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

So far, as well as Romney is doing, he missed the boat on 2 things. First, when he made his "the middle class is getting crushed" comment, he should have zinged with "even your own veep confirmed that". The other was on the deficit. He brought up Obama adding more to the deficit than any president in history. He should have followed it with Obama's own promise that he would be a 1 term president only if he didn't cut the deficit in half.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Great job on the 10th Amendment comment he just had there.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.