Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I do think Romney was more aggressive and less respectful in regards to time limits. That said, perhaps Obama needed to get just as aggressive. It's about leadership.
    Obama got 4 extra minutes of speaking time. He was Politely interrupted once as opposed to Romney's several.

Obama went over some at the end and at that five second comment. I saw Romney doing a lot more talking over. Go back over the debate and count how many times Jim asked Romney to stop talking and he just kept right on talking. I'm not mad at him like some are. It's the nature of politics and debate, but it's the truth.

I am glad that Romney was aggressive. It showed that he wanted it (McCain was a wimp). It was nice seeing obama get slapped. He needed it. Hopefully Romney does the same at the next debate. I do look for obama to have a different demeanor, though. They are probably drilling in to his head now about how he has to be aggressive and rude. Look for him to return to his Chicago thug tactics and have a lot of personal attacks against Romney.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Obama went over some at the end and at that five second comment. I saw Romney doing a lot more talking over. Go back over the debate and count how many times Jim asked Romney to stop talking and he just kept right on talking. I'm not mad at him like some are. It's the nature of politics and debate, but it's the truth.
    CNN kept track of the time lapses for each word spoken, Obama spoke 4 minutes more.
    You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

People tend to see what they want to. Romney spoke for 47% of the time and Obama spoke for 53% of the time. This indicates that Obama exceed his allotted time by 3%.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    People tend to see what they want to. Romney spoke for 47% of the time and Obama spoke for 53% of the time. This indicates that Obama exceed his allotted time by 3%.
    Oh I see. That's the confusion, see DU thinks those percentages are flipped! Because Obama speaks for DU, and DU is the "47%"...

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Oh I see. That's the confusion, see DU thinks those percentages are flipped! Because Obama speaks for DU, and DU is the "47%"...
    Hey Moo, didn't you once say that you didn't need teachers growing up because you learned a lot of stuff from shows like Sesame St? lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Romney and the percentage issue, here's another fact. More than once, Jim was trying to tell him his time was up and he wouldn't listen. There was a lot of "Uh, uh, uh" in there. That's a fact.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...interruptions/

President Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney cut off Lehrer 30 times during the 90-minute debate — three times as often as Obama and his then-rival Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) did in their first debate in 2008.

Of the two, Romney did it the most often, the center’s research director Dan Amundson said in an interview.

Romney interrupted Lehrer 13 times; Obama did it seven. And in 10 instances, Amundson said, everyone seemed to be talking at once.

The center also found that Lehrer was actually a bit tougher on the candidates than he was in 2008.

Darn those facts. lol.

Hey Moo, didn't you once say that you didn't need teachers growing up because you learned a lot of stuff from shows like Sesame St? lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Romney and the percentage issue, here's another fact. More than once, Jim was trying to tell him his time was up and he wouldn't listen. There was a lot of "Uh, uh, uh" in there. That's a fact.
    And more than once Jim Lerher did his best to dig Obama out of the verbal holes he dug for himself.

God you're so predictable. Oh look there's Lanie/Bridget posting again at CU...must have gotten a fresh set of talking points from teh DUmp.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...interruptions/

President Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney cut off Lehrer 30 times during the 90-minute debate — three times as often as Obama and his then-rival Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) did in their first debate in 2008.

Of the two, Romney did it the most often, the center’s research director Dan Amundson said in an interview.

Romney interrupted Lehrer 13 times; Obama did it seven. And in 10 instances, Amundson said, everyone seemed to be talking at once.

The center also found that Lehrer was actually a bit tougher on the candidates than he was in 2008.

Darn those facts. lol.
    The fact is that Obama talked more. Darn those facts.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis