1. #1 I really can't believe what I just watched 
    link

This is long but it's an interesting read. One has to wonder at their sense of logic and critical thinking skills.

CoffeeCat (18,805 posts)

I really can't believe what I just watched

I'm still digesting the debates, but it is clear what went on here. It is also clear that Mitt Romney's singular debate strategy was to lie, lie and then lie some more--making it impossible for President Obama to engage in substantive or rational discourse.

First, Romney lied about this tax policy and his tax-cut plans--which would cut $4 trillion in taxes for upper-income millionaires and billionaires. Romney has run on this tax policy for more than a year, and he has also run on the his plan to voucherize Medicare. Romney also denied that.

Romney lied about this healthcare plan, revealing tonight that he had a plan to cover people with pre-existing conditions even though he has promised to repeal Obamacare on day one. (So evidently he repeals Obamacare they know that he doesn't have a plan to be sure that insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions.)

Obama's head must have been spinning--and that was the plan. Romney knew they couldn't win on substance and that their ideas would be rejected. So they decided to just deny the basic tenants of their campaign.

Listen folks. This was a very deliberate strategy. Romney would lie and frustrate Obama--and it worked. No one, including the President--expected such sheer depravity.

When you agree to debate an opponent--you expect that they will stand up for the ideas on which their entire campaign has been based. Romney didn't even ADMIT his ideas! He called Obama a liar for spelling out Romney's own ideas that he's beens showcasing for years.

So congratulations, Mitt Romney. You win my vote for bully of the year, liar of the year and manipulator of the century. You may have frustrated President Obama into some corners, and I'm sure you practices those lies and the faux outrage plenty of times with uproarious guffaws from your handlers, "Can you imagine the look on Obama's face when we deny our own tax policies and our own Medicare plan--and then argue that we are for Obamacare now?! We'll be golden!" (Covering pre-existing conditions means he's for Obamacare? What kind of logic is that?)

Oh, I bet they howled with delight.

We all know one of the basic tenants of conservative politicking is to accuse your opponent of doing the very thing that you are doing. Republicans are masters at it. And look what they spent the past two weeks insinuating that Obama would do during the debates---lie. They said it repeatedly--Obama will lie.

And that's exactly what Mitt Romney stood up there and did.

No, Obama didn't lie. Obama presented Mitt with his own longs-held ideas and tried to debate him. Romney lied and said they weren't his ideas.

You could see the look of frustration on Obama's face. Fifteen minutes into this debate and it was very clear to our President that they were game playing. But you know what? That's the look of a President who is not about games. Obama wanted to have a substantive debate, but couldn't, because his opponent chose rancor and nonsense over wisdom and sincerity. That's the look and frustration of a President who wants to have an honest, rational discussion with America--but can't because his opponent is too busy playing oneupmanship with lies. (To libs, Romney making sure the public HEARD from HIM what his plans are and what direction he wants the US to go in instead of from the lying media is........oneupmanship? LOL)

Tonight was all about convoluted manipulations, horrendous lies and a labyrinth of games in which Mitt Romney denied his own campaign promises and policy stances. So, congratulations to Mitt Romney. He won by out politicking his opponent--and by dodging, distorting and denying.

Mitt Romney cheated. He not only cheated by lying; he cheated the American people out of a real debate. This was not a debate. It was a big game and the only winner was Mitt Romney, but everyone else in America who should have heard the truth about the issues--lost tonight.

I am proud of our President. Yes, it wasn't a commanding debate performance, but at least President Obama is honest and has integrity and enough good sense to never play games like the ones we saw Mitt Romney play tonight.
    Hey, they have to try SOMEHOW to rationalize that Obama won, was tricked or was just so presidential that it just looked like Obama lost the debate.

monmouth (20,859 posts)

3. I honestly think the President is setting him up. Those lies are out there now, Romney owns every word/lie he stated. The next debate will be very different IMO..
    CoffeeCat (18,806 posts)

8. Agreed. I think Obama expected to show up for a debate...

...and I think he was thrown.

Romney wouldn't even admit to his own ideas. How the frick are you supposed to debate an opponent that denies his central campaign ideas???

Romney wouldn't even admit to voucherizing Medicare. How many hours did Romney and Ryan spend in Florida--trying to fool old people in Florida into thinking that voucherizing was the best idea on the planet?

Romney backed down from it--one of his central policy stances! Thing is all the leftists know is lies Obama, the media and other leftists tell them about Romney's policy positions and plans. Then they claim that Romney is the one lying when they hear it from him.

I don't think anyone expected this.

When you hear that two presidential candidates are debating--you expect that they will debate their ideas. Not lie about their ideas and come up with brand new ones during the debate.

Obama was in an impossible situation and I think he handled it well.

This debate is not going to make vouchers and Mitt's unworkable tax cuts--great ideas. No one was sold. Apparently not even Mitt himself--as he backed away from everything he's previously run on.
    I wonder what they think the word "voucher" means. And who's word is that.....liberals or is it Romney's word for his plan?

And there's lots more by coffeecat.

In this thread (and others, I'm sure) the word "lie" is interchangeable with "Obama was smacked with the truth and didn't/couldn't respond".
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.