Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 TURKISH PARLIAMENT OKAYS SENDING TROOPS AND WARPLANES INTO SYRIA 

Turkey's state media reports that Turkey's Parliament has passed legislation allowing Turkish troops to move into Syria after shelling from Syrian territory killed five Turkish citizens.

This legislation gives the Turkish government an open door for one year to send to troops and warplanes into Syrian territory as needed whenever Turkish interests are at stake or have been attacked.

An anonymous Turkish official said his government has no intentions of declaring all-out war. Rather, the situation in Syria has gotten so bad that Turkey has to take these steps as a defensive measure.

The authorization to send troops comes on the heels of exchanges in gunfire between Turkish troops and Syrian forces during the day on Wednesday and on Thursday morning.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...nes-Into-Syria
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I understand Turkey's need to take care of it's citizens.

The New Soviet Union won't be too happy about this.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Keep in mind too that Turkey is part of NATO. An attack on one member country is considered an attack on all 28 members. The scenario I see possibly playing out is while we're busy helping a NATO partner...Iran decides to take out Israel knowing we don't have the resources to back them up AND help Turkey.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 10-05-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Keep in mind too that Turkey is part of NATO. An attack on one member country is considered an attack on all 28 members. The scenario I see possibly playing out is while we're busy helping a NATO partner...Iran decides to take out Israel knowing we don't have the resources to back them up AND help Turkey.

So far, Turkey isn't looking for assistance. They just want to defend their citizens against the violence in Syria, when it spills over the border.

Iran's economy is tanking fast. I suspect they are going to be dealing with a chaotic situation much like Syria's pretty soon, and will not have the time or military resources to attack Israel. Without a nuke yet, Iran wouldn't stand much of a chance against Israel's military.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    So far, Turkey isn't looking for assistance. They just want to defend their citizens against the violence in Syria, when it spills over the border.

Iran's economy is tanking fast. I suspect they are going to be dealing with a chaotic situation much like Syria's pretty soon, and will not have the time or military resources to attack Israel. Without a nuke yet, Iran wouldn't stand much of a chance against Israel's military.
    It's always possible that Iran can start lobbing some missiles at Israel to disctract the citizens from the state of affairs at home. Wag The Dog comes to mind, just with real people dying.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's always possible that Iran can start lobbing some missiles at Israel to disctract the citizens from the state of affairs at home. Wag The Dog comes to mind, just with real people dying.

I guess that's possible, but the Israelis will crush them if they try. I don't think Iran really understands how strong and well-armed the Israeli military is, nor how prepared they are for enemy attacks.

I guess that's possible, but the Israelis will crush them if they try. I don't think Iran really understands how strong and well-armed the Israeli military is, nor how prepared they are for enemy attacks.
    I think they do. It's why they're going after nuclear technology. Israel just needs to stop it before the red line is hit. I think the "arab spring" countries will come out with strong condemnation, but ultimately not do anything about it. Nobody in the ME wants to see Iran with nukes, except maybe Hezbollah.

No they've been given permission to send troops into Syria. This isn't about shooting back if Syria shoots mortars at fleeing refugees...this is about mounting up and rolling across the border and engaging in a shooting war.

Iran's economy is tanking fast. I suspect they are going to be dealing with a chaotic situation much like Syria's pretty soon, and will not have the time or military resources to attack Israel.
    Nope they can take care of two birds with one stone. Attack Israel and while everyone is distracted...crush any interior uprising.

I realize your bleeding heart Liberal mind can't comprehend something that complex...but that's how brutal dictatorships work. That's how Iran works. And we already know from the last uprising that Obama won't lift a finger to help those trying to rise up against oppression in that country.

Without a nuke yet, Iran wouldn't stand much of a chance against Israel's military.
    You really want to bet the future of Israel on your "expert" opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No they've been given permission to send troops into Syria. This isn't about shooting back if Syria shoots mortars at fleeing refugees...this is about mounting up and rolling across the border and engaging in a shooting war.

Nope they can take care of two birds with one stone. Attack Israel and while everyone is distracted...crush any interior uprising.

I realize your bleeding heart Liberal mind can't comprehend something that complex...but that's how brutal dictatorships work. That's how Iran works. And we already know from the last uprising that Obama won't lift a finger to help those trying to rise up against oppression in that country.

You really want to bet the future of Israel on your "expert" opinion?

I never claimed to be an expert. I was just speculating like most people.

It's not so much that I don't understand how dictatorships work, I just think that most of Israel's enemies underestimate Israel's capabilities. After all, they actually do have nukes, and state of the art military equipment in general.

If Obama had somehow found a way to assist the Iranian people during their uprising, the right would have jumped all over him for it. You are actively serving in the military-would you have thought it prudent to risk the lives of American military personnel in that situation? Or would you only think it was prudent if a republican President made that decision?