Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1 Elizabeth Warren’s Great-Grandfather Reportedly Killed a Native American 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,890
    Posted on October 4, 2012 at 6:42pm by Mytheos Holt


    “The white man was a good shot and the bullet from his Winchester passed through the body of Yaholar.”

    This simple sentence, describing Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s great-grandfather, John Crawford, may finally put a bullet not simply in the long dead corpse of Native American Louis Yaholar, but also of Warren’s supposed family mythology. It comes from a turn-of-the-20th-century news story uncovered by William Jacobi at Legal Insurrection, who explains the genealogical connection between this random incident of White-on-Native-American violence and Warren’s campaign:

    But, while Warren thinks she has found a safe place in her family lore, it’s still worth pointing out that she is not Cherokee. The Cherokee line supposedly was through her maternal grandparents, the Crawfords.

    But just to put another piece of evidence on the table, real Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes has come up a newspaper clipping from the Muskogee Times Democrat on August 17, 1906.

    The newspaper clipping relates to a story about how Warren’s great grandfather, John H. Crawford, shot a real Indian and was identified in the newspaper as white.

    You can view a photo of the 1906 story below. Note that the Crawfords are identified not as Cherokee (as Warren would have it), but as white:
    Elizabeth Warrens Great Grandfather Shot an Indian in Self Defense, Says 1906 News Story



    There is no evidence that anything particularly improper was involved with century plus old shooting, and indeed, it may cast Warren’s great grandfather in a positive light for some people. However, what it most unequivocally does cast doubt on is Warren’s reliability as a narrator of her family history. To that end, it is likely to be used by the Scott Brown campaign as another piece of evidence that Warren has been falsifying her history, and is generally untrustworthy.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/eliz...tive-american/


    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    I feel ashamed that I laughed at the title of this thread. I feel sorry someone was killed but dayum Warren is a weenie.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Funnier yet, this guy is Italian.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    My best friend since junior high school is half Filipino. His birth certificate and official documents have him listed as "white". His mother, who most closely resembles Bloody Mary (who was actually a negro) , is also officially white presumably by virtue of her maiden name being Spanish rather than Filipino.

    If you will look through the Florida Department of Corrections database, you will see that race appears to be recorded according to the stated identity of the inmate rather than a visual standard.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    My best friend since junior high school is half Filipino. His birth certificate and official documents have him listed as "white". His mother, who most closely resembles Bloody Mary (who was actually a negro) , is also officially white presumably by virtue of her maiden name being Spanish rather than Filipino.

    If you will look through the Florida Department of Corrections database, you will see that race appears to be recorded according to the stated identity of the inmate rather than a visual standard.
    I looked up 0blowme's (fake) birth certificate and only the race of the alleged father and mother are shown. Then I looked at my (real) birth certificate and only the race of my mother and father are shown. Are you sure that your Flip boyfriends race is shown on his birth certificate or is this another case of liberal lies?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I looked up 0blowme's (fake) birth certificate and only the race of the alleged father and mother are shown. Then I looked at my (real) birth certificate and only the race of my mother and father are shown. Are you sure that your Flip boyfriends race is shown on his birth certificate or is this another case of liberal lies?
    I never asked to see his birth certificate, but I did see his drivers license and you had to present your birth certificate to get your drivers license. I know he identified himself as white in school and work, he and I mocked his sister for claiming to be a minority when she applied to the CIA.

    I'm not sure what your point is. My point was that just because someone identifies as "white" doesn't mean he is, and God knows these days declaring yourself to be a "Native American" could mean almost anything. Personally, I'm not sure that "Native American" is a racial classification. The drawings and paintings of Eastern Seaboard Indians at the time of colonization suggest to be that they are significantly European in ancestry compared with Plains Indians and the rather Cambodian looking Indians of the Southwest and points South. Many Virginians are quite proud of their descent from Powhatan. As in all things genealogical, however, it simply requires a slip of the pen or an illicit affair to change the complexion as it were of the discussion.

    Oh, and fuck you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I never asked to see his birth certificate, but I did see his drivers license and you had to present your birth certificate to get your drivers license. I know he identified himself as white in school and work, he and I mocked his sister for claiming to be a minority when she applied to the CIA.

    I'm not sure what your point is. My point was that just because someone identifies as "white" doesn't mean he is, and God knows these days declaring yourself to be a "Native American" could mean almost anything. Personally, I'm not sure that "Native American" is a racial classification. The drawings and paintings of Eastern Seaboard Indians at the time of colonization suggest to be that they are significantly European in ancestry compared with Plains Indians and the rather Cambodian looking Indians of the Southwest and points South. Many Virginians are quite proud of their descent from Powhatan. As in all things genealogical, however, it simply requires a slip of the pen or an illicit affair to change the complexion as it were of the discussion.

    Oh, and fuck you.
    I saw what you did in this post and the last one, you are trying to make an excuse for Warren, she has yet to prove either in a BC or any official document that she is a Indian. Just face it she lied like obama did to get into college. I would pay real money to see obama's transcripts.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I never asked to see his birth certificate, but I did see his drivers license and you had to present your birth certificate to get your drivers license. I know he identified himself as white in school and work, he and I mocked his sister for claiming to be a minority when she applied to the CIA.

    I'm not sure what your point is. My point was that just because someone identifies as "white" doesn't mean he is, and God knows these days declaring yourself to be a "Native American" could mean almost anything. Personally, I'm not sure that "Native American" is a racial classification. The drawings and paintings of Eastern Seaboard Indians at the time of colonization suggest to be that they are significantly European in ancestry compared with Plains Indians and the rather Cambodian looking Indians of the Southwest and points South. Many Virginians are quite proud of their descent from Powhatan. As in all things genealogical, however, it simply requires a slip of the pen or an illicit affair to change the complexion as it were of the discussion.

    Oh, and fuck you.
    Wow. The hostility.

    The article does say:

    But just to put another piece of evidence on the table, real Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes has come up a newspaper clipping from the Muskogee Times Democrat on August 17, 1906.
    Poking holes in stories that exceed 100 years old must be fun for you. I actually agree with you that the precision in journalism wasn't then what it is now.

    Or is it?

    I guess that's why there are journalistic mea culpas that are commonly called "retractions" and "corrections."

    Even in 1906.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The drawings and paintings of Eastern Seaboard Indians at the time of colonization suggest to be that they are significantly European in ancestry compared with Plains Indians and the rather Cambodian looking Indians of the Southwest and points South. Many Virginians are quite proud of their descent from Powhatan. As in all things genealogical, however, it simply requires a slip of the pen or an illicit affair to change the complexion as it were of the discussion.
    So, don't take this the wrong way... but I'm not sure if it's sound methodology to base your racial theories on how a given indigenous tribe appears in drawings and paintings done by different colonial Europeans at different times.

    Based on that logic I guess Africans living here:



    have far more significant European ancestry than Africans living here:

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I saw what you did in this post and the last one, you are trying to make an excuse for Warren, she has yet to prove either in a BC or any official document that she is a Indian. Just face it she lied like obama did to get into college. I would pay real money to see obama's transcripts.
    Both before and after it became fashionable to have Amerindian ancestry, many people have been raised in the belief that they are in some part Amerindian. Few of these people can actually prove it to my satisfaction, and even fewer can establish it with certainty.

    You talk about this like it's some sort of concrete. It's not. There are Indian tribes which are not recognized. Most place didn't issue birth certificates until the late 19th or early 20th century. Prior to that, the most reliable record of race that we have is the US Census, which recorded the race of the person counted, and the birthplace of his parents. If his parents were living, their race was recorded as well.

    I'm saying that I don't find it surprising that someone who could pass for white, passed for white. We know for a fact that some of the descendants of Sally Heming have been passing for white for generations. There was a high price to be paid for being nonwhite in the past. No one in his right mind would identify himself as all or part Indian if it meant that his children couldn't go to school or that his family would suffer.

    Again, if you think this is concrete then I encourage you to go to the Florida Department of Corrections database, offender search, and do a search for white male hair color black eye color black.

    Examples:

    Thien N Ho

    Ivan Menendez

    PHAPHONEXAY, MARK L

    SON, LE V
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •