Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations 

Was Obama rattled by developing donor scandal story?

President Obama reelection campaign, rattled by his Wednesday night debate performance, could be in for even worse news. According to knowlegable sources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story.

Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.

At the end of the 2008 presidential campaign, the Obama-Biden effort was hit with a similar scandal. At the time, the Washington Post reported that the Obama campaign let donors use "largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity."

WashingtonExaminer
    Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations (2008)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I wouldn't be surprised if the donations came from Lebanon and Palestine (Hamas and Hezbollah). It would explain Obama's snub of Netanyahu. Nothing really surprises me anymore when it comes to Obama and his team.

Fabulous Poster
    If Citizen United liberated corporations to spend as much money as they want, then how exactly do you differentiate between Exxon money that is domestic and Exxon money that is foreign?

There should be no foreign money in US politics. I think we can all agree on that. Speaking of foreign money, when people such as Romney hide money overseas, is it still American money?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If Citizen United liberated corporations to spend as much money as they want, then how exactly do you differentiate between Exxon money that is domestic and Exxon money that is foreign?

There should be no foreign money in US politics. I think we can all agree on that. Speaking of foreign money, when people such as Romney hide money overseas, is it still American money?
    Come on Nova, stop with the stupid... you knows it's gotta mean something when I'm saying it.

As for the story, wasn't this pretty big in the last election as well, and nothing at all came of it?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Is Romney an American?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Come on Nova, stop with the stupid... you knows it's gotta mean something when I'm saying it.

As for the story, wasn't this pretty big in the last election as well, and nothing at all came of it?
    OK, so the Romney offshore bank thing is a little over the top. But I don't think it's "stupid" to question what protections are in place to keep foreign money from being spent in US elections (not to mention lobbying) when you have multinational corporations whose loyaties are more than suspect, as well as foreign corporations masquerading as US corporations behind " ... America" shells.

The other day I spent some time on the internet trying to figure out if Vallero is a US corporation. People swearing up and down that it was or it wasn't. Vallero itself claiming to be a US corporation, but at the same time not quite saying, "American owned and operated."

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Is Romney an American?
    IS George Soros?

IS George Soros?
    My point is this. Even though I live abroad and I'm paid in a foreign currency by a foreign company and held in a foreign bank and pay foreign income tax (although Obama wants to take an additional 5%), I can still contribute to political campaigns in the US because this is my right as an American citizen. Whether or not the money is American is immaterial.

I'm really curious about Romney's stance on making US citizens abroad pay US income tax in addition to the income tax in the place they live/work. Because I have no US assets/property/address, I pay no US income tax (I pay about 40% to the Canadian + Quebec governments :p). But it's one of those things that the Democrats have been talking about for ages.

"Hiding money". Not very well hidden since everyone knows about it.

Kennedy, Clinton and many others both D and R I'm sure. If you don't like it then demand the law change, so that people can't "hide" their money. Smacking Romney about it is stupid, he's NOT BREAKING THE LAW.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    "Hiding money". Not very well hidden since everyone knows about it.

Kennedy, Clinton and many others both D and R I'm sure. If you don't like it then demand the law change, so that people can't "hide" their money. Smacking Romney about it is stupid, he's NOT BREAKING THE LAW.
    He seems incapable of remaining on topic lately, must be medication of some sort.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg