Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So Paul has endorsed Pastor Baldwin and his highly intolerant party, which wants to use government intervention to enforce their anti-immigration, anti-abortion, anti-homosexuality, anti-drug views. While I have a strong distaste for drug-users and gays, I'm a strong believer in liberty -- as are "most" libertarians. This endorsement should make Paul's so-called "Campaign For Liberty" implode, as so many consider Baldwin an old-fashined social fascist. I sincerely hope so -- then perhaps a more reason-minded candidate for liberty may arise from the ashes. That loon Ron Paul has been giving capitalism a bad name by affiliating himself with it (though I can't deny that he knows what he's talking about when it comes to economy).

How the Constitution Paty plans to promote "freedom of religion" while establishing the US as a Christian nation is beyond me. They violate everything that Thomas Jefferson worked for. It's good that they haven't got a chance in hell to get more than one percent of the votes, top.

My vote goes to Palin or Barr.
    Last edited by IanMartins; 09-23-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by IanMartins View Post
    So Paul has endorsed Pastor Baldwin and his highly intolerant party, which wants to use government intervention to enforce their anti-immigration, anti-abortion, anti-homosexuality, anti-drug views. While I have a strong distaste for drug-users and gays, I'm a strong believer in liberty -- as are "most" libertarians. This endorsement should make Paul's so-called "Campaign For Liberty" implode, as so many consider Baldwin an old-fashined social fascist. I sincerely hope so -- then perhaps a more reason-minded candidate for liberty may arise from the ashes. That loon Ron Paul has been giving capitalism a bad name by affiliating himself with it (though I can't deny that he knows what he's talking about when it comes to economy).

How the Constitution Paty plans to promote "freedom of religion" while establishing the US as a Christian nation is beyond me. They violate everything that Thomas Jefferson worked for. It's good that they haven't got a chance in hell to get more than one percent of the votes, top. Besides, you can't vote for Palin.

My vote goes to Palin or Barr.
    I think hes just backing them to make an impact on the race, Paul would've backed them earlier if he was that committed to the party. They have no chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I don't understand.
    I mean a lot of Barr supporters might go to the Constitution party.

If you read the whole article, you would see that he is right.

Unfortunately, the government's preferred solution to the crisis is the very thing that got us into this mess in the first place: government intervention

Government-sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were able to obtain a monopoly position in the mortgage market, especially the mortgage-backed securities market, because of the advantages bestowed upon them by the federal government.

Laws passed by Congress such as the Community Reinvestment Act required banks to make loans to previously underserved segments of their communities, thus forcing banks to lend to people who normally would be rejected as bad credit risks.

I am afraid that policymakers today have not learned the lesson that prices must adjust to economic reality. The bailout of Fannie and Freddie, the purchase of AIG, and the latest multi-hundred billion dollar Treasury scheme all have one thing in common: They seek to prevent the liquidation of bad debt and worthless assets at market prices, and instead try to prop up those markets and keep those assets trading at prices far in excess of what any buyer would be willing to pay.

Using trillions of dollars of taxpayer money to purchase illusory short-term security, the government is actually ensuring even greater instability in the financial system in the long term.

The solution to the problem is to end government meddling in the market. Government intervention leads to distortions in the market, and government reacts to each distortion by enacting new laws and regulations, which create their own distortions, and so on ad infinitum
    Amen.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.