1. #1 Excuse #3 - It was all about the expectations - High for Obama, low for Romney 
    link

kentuck (63,281 posts)

Do you think we will have any problem lowering expectations for next debate?

Seriously. I think a lot of folks were totally invested in the idea that Barack Obama was going to devastate Mitt Romney in the debate and that Mitt Romney was going to fall flat on his face.

I'm not saying that the President did a great job but I do believe that the expectations had a lot to do with the resulting analysis. Because of expectations, Romney was thought to have done much better than he actually did and the President was thought to have done much worse than he actually did. I do not believe it was great for Romney or that it was a disaster for Obama.

In the next debate, the expectations will be reversed. They will be much higher for Romney and much lower for Obama. We should try to keep it that way thru the debates. Because it is much easier for the candidate with the lower expectations.

LOL

Romney's win had nothing to do with low expectations for Romney and high expectations for Obama.

Liberals were shocked because they started to believe the lies that they and the media told about Romney..so they weren't prepared for Romney's intellegence and competence.
    dimbear (3,941 posts)

2. The next debate is the townhall deal...

Somebody is bound to say "no tax returns no votes." Then Mittens can explain that he just doesn't want to be pres that bad.
    deaniac21 (6,294 posts)

7. The President was lowering expectations for at least

a week before the debate. But still, he did fine.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'm surprised the DUmmies haven't brought up the "Dust" Factor!!!!

I mean, it was clear to me that POTUS had dust in his eyes!!! Damn Dust Bunnies!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Because of expectations, Romney was thought to have done much better than he actually did and the President was thought to have done much worse than he actually did.
    HAHA ok.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.