Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh Mercy!

So when do we get our "Victory Gin?" ... a la "1984"

More from 1984: Winston Smith re Ministry of Plenty:

But actually, he thought as he re-adjusted the Ministry of Plenty's figures, it was not even forgery. It was merely the substitution of one piece of nonsense for another. Most of the material that you were dealing with had no connexion with anything in the real world, not even the kind of connexion that is contained in a direct lie. Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version. A great deal of the time you were expected to make them up out of your head. For example, the Ministry of Plenty's forecast had estimated the output of boots for the quarter at one-hundred-and-forty-five million pairs. The actual output was given as sixty-two millions. Winston, however, in rewriting the forecast, marked the figure down to fifty-seven millions, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been overfulfilled. In any case, sixty-two millions was no nearer the truth than fifty-seven millions, or than one-hundred-and-forty-five millions. Very likely no boots had been produced at all. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had been produced, much less cared. All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot. And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small.
    This is like living in an alternate universe, more and more every day!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 10-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Oh Mercy!

So when do we get our "Victory Gin?" ... a la "1984"

More from 1984: Winston Smith re Ministry of Plenty:

This is like living in an alternate universe, more and more every day!
    These determinations (like employment) are defined by the government and the government decides what "data" is used to base conclusions on. The unemployment numbers really mean nothing when they can be altered and adjusted to mean anything those in charge want them too. This is what relativistic thought has done to the world.

Obama has one truth that he created and can defend based on "his" calculations. However there is a factual number of unemployeed that exists but the government doesn't really want to know what that number is unless they suspect it is low. Obama and the libs have one truth; Romney and conservatives have another truth. They will present their truths and each will say that the other is lying but neither really know what the truth is. As citizens and voters it is our job to determine which is closer to the real truth but we will do that via a combination of what we experience and our own personal biases. So in the end the numbers mean nothing. Those who believe them are predisposed to believing them and those who don't believe them won't because they don't fit in with what they know about the world. The only people who these numbers will effect are the truly undecided and I suspect they will be rather skeptical.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Ahh now, you all don't think that HISPANIC obumble appointee, Hilda Lucia Solis would cook the numbers for obumble, do ya?

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Ahh now, you all don't think that HISPANIC obumble appointee, Hilda Lucia Solis would cook the numbers for obumble, do ya?
    Welcome to CU!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I noticed that 800,000 home based jobs were added.
    That's interesting. Before I comment would you happen to know what the trend is?

I know, use my innerwebz search-fu. Just curious if you knew. I also thought I heard something about U6 remaining unchanged so it would be kind of hard for this number to fall as it did. <--- That is nothing more than hearsay but I have to follow up on that too.
    Be Not Afraid.

6. #16 Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! 
    Total Employment Rises 873,000 To Highest Level Since December 2008

By Noel Sheppard | October 05, 2012 | 08:45

The unemployment rate decreased to 7.8 percent in September, a number certain to impact the presidential race.

Pundits have been saying for months this number had to drop below 8 percent for it not to be a hindrance to President Obama's reelection chances.

The economy added 114,000 nonfarm payrolls in the month according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics with gains in healthcare, transportation and warehousing.

Truly shocking in the report was that the number of unemployed people dropped by 456,000 to 12.1 million.

Maybe more shocking, total employment, as measured by the Household Survey, rose by 873,000 in September to 142,974,000, the biggest one month jump since June 1983.

As such, total employment now stands at the highest level it's been since December 2008 before Obama was inaugurated.

But even more mysterious is the divergence in the two surveys done by the Labor Department.

The Household Survey showed a gain of 873,000 people employed in September - resulting in the surprise drop in the unemployment rate - while the Establishment Survey only showed a rise of 114,000.

Hmmm.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz28UL5U3y9

Who would have thought! This is nothing short of a miracle! Can you imagine that, the government that Obama owns has come up with these phenomenal unemployment figure, it was said that a president could not be reelected with unemployment numbers above 8% but here by a seeming act of God we have numbers right where we need them, just under 8%. Halleluiah praise the lord, and if you buy this I'll sell you a goat that shits gold marbles.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

In order to tell a good lie shouldn't it at least have a little bit of believability, is this where we are now that this absolutely obvious crap is just handed to us with no apology?
    I am completely and total insulted to the core by this government, this is not the same country I grew up in.

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Amazing, isn't it? It's not like it went down a % point or anything. It was a full half point. Unless a million people suddenly found jobs it would barely drop the rate that half point. They once called Reagan's economic policies "voodoo economics", well this is voodoo unemployment numbers. And it isn't taking long for the truth to come out. Even BSNBC isn't buying into it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1942430.html
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    How can it not be fudged? 114k cant explain .3 percentage points
    It's not just .3 percentage point. It's .5 point in 2 months. It's impossible for that to be especially considering that in September, a lot of seasonal jobs are eliminated.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.