1. #1 I was collared by a 96yr old man today... 
    Nice variation on the cop in a bush tale. Seriously though do they make this crap up just as bedtime stories to make each other sleep well at night? Lil' O got his ASS handed to him last night and no amount of excuses will convince people now that the emperor does have clothes. No matter how many bed time fairy tales they make up for each other.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021472958

HipChick(8,062 posts)
    I was collared by a 96yr old man today...

I was outside, doing my secret smoker thing after a very frustrating day at the office..

I thought he was going to lecture me about smoking..

He was angry,and irritated and asked me "If I watched that fool last night?"

I admit, I only caught part of the debate because of work issues..

"Does he really think we are fools?" He then proceeded to tell of his long naval career, and how he was struggling with various health problems. Then he proceeded to lightly grab me, imploring me to make sure me and 'young 'uns" like me get out and vote, because he didn't want anyone as rude, and nasty as Romney anywhere near the Presidency. He implored me again to make sure to get out and vote, he hoped his health would hold out to see Obama win his second term. He had broken with his Republican southern family last election and voted for Obama, he would be doing it again, this time around, even running the epithets from them as to why he was voting for 'that Black Man'. I thanked him for his service to his country.Before hobbled off, he patted me on the back again, and leaned on his cane, muttering under his breath.

I am blessed to be able to travel around this country, in the course of my work, meeting all people of all backgrounds, being in different city every week, I don't always wear my political leanings on my shoulder

But today, this stranger that crossed my path, warmed my heart.

Romney doesn't have all the people fooled with his lies...especially not that 96yr old man...

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

2. #2 Obviously Hip Chick is tripping on some good shit... 
    It's a beautiful dream.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

I still to this day cannot ever recall seeing an incident where a total stranger went up to someone and just started talking politics. The way these DUmmies talk about it, you'd think it would happen every time you walk outside.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.