Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That's nice. But I was just basing my statement on the fact that you're a girl and I'm not.
    Women are always better drivers. :D

Fabulous Poster
    Well from now on he'll be doing his drinking in San Francisco, a city second only to New Orleans for its tolerance of drunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There is also an extreme disparity of prosecution for & eventual outcomes for DUI/DWI

One of my brothers third DUI was back in the 90's. He never spent more than a couple hrs in jail or paid a fine greater than $300. His third DUI also included Driving while under suspension, no licence ,tags or registration for his motorcycle or insurance. He was required to enter into a 12 step program and attend meetings regularly for a year. After his 2nd meeting he bailed on the program because he said all the meetings were a bunch of cry babies blaming their problems on others. He said he knew what he was doing was wrong but if caught was willing to nut up & take his medicine.
    For my third DUI I got minimums: 30 days in jail, $1000 fine, DUI School level 2, license revoked for 10 years, alcohol counseling and 1 year probation or probation until I finished my jail, paid my fine and completed my alcohol counseling.

The maximum could have been 5 years in prison, $10,000 fine, license revoked for 10 years and alcohol counseling (in prison).

The average sentence is usually 4 months in jail, a $5000 fine and the rest of the stuff.

Most states don't play games anymore. Florida's DUI laws aren't even in the top 10. I think that Illinois and California have the strictest laws (unless your Linsey Lohan). You get caught while on probation driving with a suspended license then you do up to a year. If you are off probation and you get caught and convicted driving on a license that was suspended or revoked because of a DUI you get 10 to 30 days no questions asked.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    For my third DUI I got minimums: 30 days in jail, $1000 fine, DUI School level 2, license revoked for 10 years, alcohol counseling and 1 year probation or probation until I finished my jail, paid my fine and completed my alcohol counseling.

The maximum could have been 5 years in prison, $10,000 fine, license revoked for 10 years and alcohol counseling (in prison).

The average sentence is usually 4 months in jail, a $5000 fine and the rest of the stuff.

Most states don't play games anymore. Florida's DUI laws aren't even in the top 10. I think that Illinois and California have the strictest laws (unless your Linsey Lohan). You get caught while on probation driving with a suspended license then you do up to a year. If you are off probation and you get caught and convicted driving on a license that was suspended or revoked because of a DUI you get 10 to 30 days no questions asked.
    Day-am! The state is playing rough these days. I'll bet there are guys who got less for armed robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Day-am! The state is playing rough these days. I'll bet there are guys who got less for armed robbery.
    4th DUI is up to 5 years in prison, $10,000 fine and permanent revokation of your license with no hardship license allowed to be issued ever. If you get caught driving with a license revoked due to a 4th DUI you will get labeled and habitual offender and can get another 10 years.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

I know that armed robbery involves specific, criminal intent. DUIs don't necessarily involve criminal intent, but you could make the case that a drunk driver can harm as many people as an armed robber can. You can always get more money. Closed head injuries are incurable.

Yeah I have a "drink a beer, wait an hour" rule. But I'm a pretty big guy. I barely feel a single beer as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    4th DUI is up to 5 years in prison, $10,000 fine and permanent revokation of your license with no hardship license allowed to be issued ever. If you get caught driving with a license revoked due to a 4th DUI you will get labeled and habitual offender and can get another 10 years.
    In Texas a 3rd DUI is Felony DUI and you may very well be sent to the big house for awhile. That's also in a lifetime, does not matter if it's been 30 yrs in between DUI's. Dude in Austin got 99 yrs for a DUI but it was his 11th ​or so time.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Dude in Austin got 99 yrs for a DUI but it was his 11th ​or so time.
    Good lord. But I think if you are going to lock him up, lock him up in a drug treatment ward.