Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nova, I disagree with your assessment of Rush. I think he provides a balance to the onslaught we get from NPR and the mainstream media, in general.

But, I give you much credit. It's apparent that you do actually listen to the program. His loudest critics don't seem to. I base that off interpretations of Rush shows I've actually heard. Some of these "journalists" take Rush's words and develop meanings that serve their positions.It gets picked up, enhanced a little and the whole bunch winds up singing the same song. It happens everywhere to an extent, but it's blatant with Rush.

I listen to NPR daily, unless I get nauseous. But, I do listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Rush. On the one hand, he rarely says anything which is an outright lie, on the other hand he often uses a truth to mislead. An example of what I am talking about, not actually taken from Rush, would be to declare that the public schools have gone to Hell since official/teacher led school prayer was recognized as unconstitutional. It's true that the two coincide, it's not true or provable that the one caused the other.
    Let me see if I understand this: You object to Rush, but produce an example of your objection which, by your own admission, is not one of his statements. That sounds rather specious. Could you provide an actual example?

[QUOTE=Novaheart;530607During the non-campaign season , which we haven't experienced in several years but even so, Limbaugh often takes a very common sense approach to issues and has a good time with the gaffs of politicians. Unfortunately, he gets a bit carried away during the elections and appears to lose a good deal of his sense of objective humor in favor of the more mean spirited type which appeals to lesser lights like two of our dear friends on this board.

Something I find interesting which I have never seen actually analyzed in print, is how these radio stations support these superstars with the quality of advertiser they attract. I hear very little in the way of mainstream advertising on these programs, and I simply don't believe that Buy Gold, Amway Work From Home, Trinity Christian Credit Repair, Carbonite, survivalist foods, and various identity theft protection schemes pay the kind of advertising revenues that mainstream FM radio attracts.[/QUOTE]

The value of Limbaugh is that he ridicules the excesses of the left, something that the mainstream media refuses to permit. He also exposes excesses that the media will not report, and forces their hand. The left's response to this is not to curb their excesses, but to censor the messenger. As I said before, they are Stalinists.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Let me see if I understand this: You object to Rush, but produce an example of your objection which, by your own admission, is not one of his statements. That sounds rather specious. Could you provide an actual example?
    I don't drive with a pen and paper in hand but I shall try to hold on to one with my limited attention span and bring it to your attention this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Rush. On the one hand, he rarely says anything which is an outright lie, on the other hand he often uses a truth to mislead. An example of what I am talking about, not actually taken from Rush, would be to declare that the public schools have gone to Hell since official/teacher led school prayer was recognized as unconstitutional. It's true that the two coincide, it's not true or provable that the one caused the other.

During the non-campaign season , which we haven't experienced in several years but even so, Limbaugh often takes a very common sense approach to issues and has a good time with the gaffs of politicians. Unfortunately, he gets a bit carried away during the elections and appears to lose a good deal of his sense of objective humor in favor of the more mean spirited type which appeals to lesser lights like two of our dear friends on this board.

Something I find interesting which I have never seen actually analyzed in print, is how these radio stations support these superstars with the quality of advertiser they attract. I hear very little in the way of mainstream advertising on these programs, and I simply don't believe that Buy Gold, Amway Work From Home, Trinity Christian Credit Repair, Carbonite, survivalist foods, and various identity theft protection schemes pay the kind of advertising revenues that mainstream FM radio attracts.
    Regardless of what you "believe," organizations spend money on what marketing works and brings them bushiness and income. That's reality. A foreign concept to you.