Thread: Religion Forum?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1 Religion Forum? 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,628
    ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,996
    The practice has been to just start a thread in General Discussion and preface the thread title with "REL".
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,069
    Please God, don't let there be a religion forum.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,575
    I read the title of this thread and thought I saw a strike of lightening at the top of this forum. lol.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    ?
    I have asked for one but they are fearful that it would start too much bickering... I disagree but I'm just one opinion.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,069
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I have asked for one but they are fearful that it would start too much bickering... I disagree but I'm just one opinion.
    Stop bickering, you can't has!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,031
    I'd like to see one. Being a reasonable atheist, I won't argue one theology over another - or even over none. To each his own. But I've been an avid student of religions from an historical perspective going back to Neolithic Mesopotamia.

    If a forum on religion starts up, I PROMISE not to denigrate any religion. And I won't argue evolution vs. creationism.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I have asked for one but they are fearful that it would start too much bickering... I disagree but I'm just one opinion.


    I think it would only really be a problem if Wei came back (or some equally obnoxious atheist with an agenda started posting). I may disagree with other posters about doctrine and practice, but I still appreciate the opinions of those I disagree with.


    But I can see why Rock as a mod would think it to be nothing but potential trouble and grief.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,301
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think it would only really be a problem if Wei came back (or some equally obnoxious atheist with an agenda started posting). I may disagree with other posters about doctrine and practice, but I still appreciate the opinions of those I disagree with.


    But I can see why Rock as a mod would think it to be nothing but potential trouble and grief.
    Heck I mod that one forum if no one else wanted to.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,996
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    And I won't argue evolution vs. creationism.
    I will.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •