1. #1 Political Yard Signs Tell More Than a Candidate's Name 
    By Noel S. Williams

Political signs on private residential property are unlikely to sway undecided voters, but they do say something about the owners' personal values. Lawn maintenance and general property upkeep also reflect one's values.

After casually surveying my neighborhood during my daily jogging jaunts, I noticed a pattern: Unkempt lawns have more signs supporting Democrat candidates, whereas neat properties proudly sport signs favoring Republican candidates.

I work for a state agency on the left coast, and many cars in the parking lot are splattered with offensive decals. Even though the agency touts diversity as its strongest asset, these metallic malcontents -- and I presume their owners -- aren't onboard. They have succumbed to a mind-numbing acquiescence to liberal orthodoxy and groupthink.

Almost all voted for "hope and change," some insist we "Fight the Man," and a couple pledge allegiance to radical outfit Code Pink. Most exhort "Forward," but incongruously spew backward looking slogans denigrating President Bush.

After running the gauntlet of these seething, firebrand motors every day, Bub -- that's my car -- and I are grateful for the serenity of our quiet neighborhood. Then, my neighbor put up a sign...

My relief was palpable when I got close enough to read it. After suffering the taunts of an interloper from confrontational signs at the metallic cauldron at work, we can happily coexist. I won't have to struggle to restrain Bub from, umm, accidentally veering over his front lawn. But it did pique my interest: Political signs were now on my radar at home and work; during my daily jogs I started paying attention.

Honestly, I'm no interfering busybody, and as long as my street is not a dumping ground, and is free of all-night workshops and drug houses, I'm generally content. But, like most, I do appreciate a well-manicured lawn, and I was starting to notice a pattern: most political signs on well maintained properties were for Republican candidates. These signs stand tall and proud, resplendently reflecting the owners' self-respect, diligence, and appreciation for property values.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...#ixzz28hiXof6S
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    All lawns in my neighborhood look like they were manicured with nail scissors, no matter if the candidate is D or R. I will say I have NEVER seen so many yard signs in my neighborhood as I have this year, and there is no trend either way - if the yard signs are any indication, it will be a VERY close election!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

My yard is full of crab grass and I'd never have a Democrat sign in my yard.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'm with NJ. My yard sucks, and I have no signs. I'm technically not allowed to, since I live on base.

Very few national political signs here. Metric ton of local signs though, especially for Judges.

Bumper stickers, don't see to many around. That's another thing we're technically not supposed to have on our cars, but I still see a few people who do, and their generally towards the right.

Off base if I see a sticker, it's almost always for Obama. I think I've seen just one Romney sticker all year. I was actually suprised when I saw it, because I had no idea what they looked like before that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

My yard sign doesn't get much attention in the conservative part of Missouri. But my "traveling billboard" on the back side window of my Bronco does.......several compliments, and one guy even took a photo of it!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    I keep my mom's lawn a lot nicer than my own. In 2008, both sported Obama signs. A block away on the wealthier side of Pasadena, you will see "face off" houses on many corners. Demographically identical households with completely opposite politics- Obama in one yard, Romney in another.

I'll try to keep tabs on the bumper stickers to report back here. My general impression is that there is nothing telling about upkeep though there might be some brand loyalty association with the stickers. Throwing a wrench into that would be that a lot of less well off people around here drive cars from "buy here pay here" which functions here in a way and to a degree I have not observed elsewhere. We have a great many people who are in permanent purchase cycles (almost like a lease) with these rather sleazy used car companies who will provide them with a car for a relative low monthly payment (still considerably more than it's worth) for an overpriced used car which isn't in the best of condition at time of sale or when they take it back to get another.

I just went past a ranch about 3 miles from my place, they are staunch Democrats and have been for three generations that I know of, they have signs out for every state Democrat but like the last 5 Presidential elections they are supporting Republicans and have several Romney Ryan signs.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I've never been a yard sign person, nor a bumper sticker person. Around Detroit, I see mostly Obama Biden signs and stickers, but occasionally I see a Romney one. There are a lot more signs for local races than for national ones. My local UAW hasn't gotten the signs to the members, yet I see them in front of various union buildings. That's nothing new from other years, though, my local is not good at this kind of thing.

The more telling observation is Grand Rapids, the last week of September, when I was there. There were lots of signs, there. On Breton RD, through EGR and SE GR, I observed more Obama signs than Romney ones, and more Stabenow signs than Hoekstra ones. I didn't see many yard signs at all around the golf club my reunion was held at, probably because they are neighborhoods with rules about signage. Most of my classmates are voting for Romney, but most of them voted for McCain in 2008.

I don't think Michigan is really in play for Romney, but you never know. Ryan is stumping here with that great intellect, Kid Rock. We are all too busy cheering for the Tigers right now to worry about an election a few weeks down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm with NJ. My yard sucks, and I have no signs. I'm technically not allowed to, since I live on base.

Very few national political signs here. Metric ton of local signs though, especially for Judges.

Bumper stickers, don't see to many around. That's another thing we're technically not supposed to have on our cars, but I still see a few people who do, and their generally towards the right.

Off base if I see a sticker, it's almost always for Obama. I think I've seen just one Romney sticker all year. I was actually suprised when I saw it, because I had no idea what they looked like before that.
    Kinda off topic but on a light pole in Hamilton Twp., NJ(neat Atlantic City) there is still a "Florio Free in '93" bumper sticker on it. LOL!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Paid a bit more attention as I was driving around today. We were driving through some residential areas, bit of a shortcut between two towns. I will say I did notice maybe 5 or 6 Romney signs, and only 1 Obama sign. This is a redder section of Illinois though, so not that suprising.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.