Thread: Attack on CAPA teacher caught by surveillance cameras

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Attack on CAPA teacher caught by surveillance cameras 
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    Someone posts a video giving us hope for the youth of America...

    Then there is this (video at link)

    Investigators said the attack on James Addlespurger, 50, in an alley off of Liberty Avenue on Thursday afternoon was captured by several surveillance cameras.


    The video shows Addlespurger walking by a group of teenagers when one of the teens abruptly hits him. Addlespurger falls and hits his head on the curb as the teens walk away.


    Addlespurger teaches 10th and 12th grade English at CAPA, police said. He was recovering from the attack at home, police said.

    Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/alleg...#ixzz28o7HzfAE
    Whole story and video here

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    At least the reporters didn't say something stupid like 'After the fight....'

    Reporters have a habit of referring to such violence as "the fight" rather than "the vicious unprovoked attack".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    There have always been young punks and probably always will be.


    Most teenagers, despite how aggravating they can be to the adults around them, are good. Most of them turn out okay, even those that make some pretty stupid mistakes during their youth.

    My cousin, who is now in his mid-20s, did some really stupid things as a teenager and young adult, which culminated in an arrest for possession of a large quantity of drugs and cash (he still claims he didn't know it was in the trunk of the car). He got out of that one because the other person in the car verified his story.

    Right before the arrest, he met a really nice girl. Then he knocked her up shortly after his release from jail. Their kid is now 3, they got married last summer, he has a good job and they are very good parents to their child.

    The kids I work with, some of whom have been through horrific abuse, neglect and exploitation, mostly grow up to be decent people. They have problems, yes, but most are not criminals, and most get jobs and/or educations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There have always been young punks and probably always will be.


    Most teenagers, despite how aggravating they can be to the adults around them, are good. Most of them turn out okay, even those that make some pretty stupid mistakes during their youth.

    My cousin, who is now in his mid-20s, did some really stupid things as a teenager and young adult, which culminated in an arrest for possession of a large quantity of drugs and cash (he still claims he didn't know it was in the trunk of the car). He got out of that one because the other person in the car verified his story.

    Right before the arrest, he met a really nice girl. Then he knocked her up shortly after his release from jail. Their kid is now 3, they got married last summer, he has a good job and they are very good parents to their child.

    The kids I work with, some of whom have been through horrific abuse, neglect and exploitation, mostly grow up to be decent people. They have problems, yes, but most are not criminals, and most get jobs and/or educations.
    That's all very nice, but this isn't simple bad behavior. This isn't shoplifting or yelling dirty words at passing cars, whistling or making sexual suggestions at secretaries walking to lunch. This is a very specific behavior, a crime that is almost exclusively Black on White.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That's all very nice, but this isn't simple bad behavior. This isn't shoplifting or yelling dirty words at passing cars, whistling or making sexual suggestions at secretaries walking to lunch. This is a very specific behavior, a crime that is almost exclusively Black on White.
    Exactly and that was what the story got me thinking about. This was a specific, seemingly unprovoked violent attack on an unsuspecting victim. There seemed to be no point to the attack other than for the attacker to score some points with his thug buddies. It seemed to be "Hey there's some white guy! I'm going to punch him in the face."

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There seemed to be no point to the attack other than for the attacker to score some points with his thug buddies. It seemed to be "Hey there's some white guy! I'm going to punch him in the face."
    Guess thats pretty courageous of the kid, if you wanna put blind siding somebody with a sucker punch into that category.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That's all very nice, but this isn't simple bad behavior. This isn't shoplifting or yelling dirty words at passing cars, whistling or making sexual suggestions at secretaries walking to lunch. This is a very specific behavior, a crime that is almost exclusively Black on White.


    Again, there are always punks. I am differentiating violent punks from kids with issues. They are not representative of all the youth in the USA. They are not representative of all the black youth in the USA.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,775
    They were more than likely playing "the knock-out game". It's been around for a bit:

    a racist amusement called the "knock-out game," currently being played by black teenagers.

    The game is as cruel and ignorant as it sounds. The only rule is to pick a victim and try to knock them out....They called it the "point 'em out, knock 'em out" game.
    Link...I'm sure there are others.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Again, there are always punks. I am differentiating violent punks from kids with issues. They are not representative of all the youth in the USA. They are not representative of all the black youth in the USA.
    Just like 1 racist that is white doesn't make all whites racist hmm?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,323
    a racist amusement called the "knock-out game," currently being played by black teenagers.
    And blacks wonder why whites look at them like animals. Thanks all to the man who was going to bring the races together. He's done more to drive them apart than anyone in history. Hitler would be proud.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •