Thread: Attack on CAPA teacher caught by surveillance cameras

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Attack on CAPA teacher caught by surveillance cameras 
    Someone posts a video giving us hope for the youth of America...

Then there is this (video at link)

Investigators said the attack on James Addlespurger, 50, in an alley off of Liberty Avenue on Thursday afternoon was captured by several surveillance cameras.

The video shows Addlespurger walking by a group of teenagers when one of the teens abruptly hits him. Addlespurger falls and hits his head on the curb as the teens walk away.

Addlespurger teaches 10th and 12th grade English at CAPA, police said. He was recovering from the attack at home, police said.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/alleg...#ixzz28o7HzfAE
    Whole story and video here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    At least the reporters didn't say something stupid like 'After the fight....'

Reporters have a habit of referring to such violence as "the fight" rather than "the vicious unprovoked attack".

There have always been young punks and probably always will be.

Most teenagers, despite how aggravating they can be to the adults around them, are good. Most of them turn out okay, even those that make some pretty stupid mistakes during their youth.

My cousin, who is now in his mid-20s, did some really stupid things as a teenager and young adult, which culminated in an arrest for possession of a large quantity of drugs and cash (he still claims he didn't know it was in the trunk of the car). He got out of that one because the other person in the car verified his story.

Right before the arrest, he met a really nice girl. Then he knocked her up shortly after his release from jail. Their kid is now 3, they got married last summer, he has a good job and they are very good parents to their child.

The kids I work with, some of whom have been through horrific abuse, neglect and exploitation, mostly grow up to be decent people. They have problems, yes, but most are not criminals, and most get jobs and/or educations.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There have always been young punks and probably always will be.

Most teenagers, despite how aggravating they can be to the adults around them, are good. Most of them turn out okay, even those that make some pretty stupid mistakes during their youth.

My cousin, who is now in his mid-20s, did some really stupid things as a teenager and young adult, which culminated in an arrest for possession of a large quantity of drugs and cash (he still claims he didn't know it was in the trunk of the car). He got out of that one because the other person in the car verified his story.

Right before the arrest, he met a really nice girl. Then he knocked her up shortly after his release from jail. Their kid is now 3, they got married last summer, he has a good job and they are very good parents to their child.

The kids I work with, some of whom have been through horrific abuse, neglect and exploitation, mostly grow up to be decent people. They have problems, yes, but most are not criminals, and most get jobs and/or educations.
    That's all very nice, but this isn't simple bad behavior. This isn't shoplifting or yelling dirty words at passing cars, whistling or making sexual suggestions at secretaries walking to lunch. This is a very specific behavior, a crime that is almost exclusively Black on White.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That's all very nice, but this isn't simple bad behavior. This isn't shoplifting or yelling dirty words at passing cars, whistling or making sexual suggestions at secretaries walking to lunch. This is a very specific behavior, a crime that is almost exclusively Black on White.
    Exactly and that was what the story got me thinking about. This was a specific, seemingly unprovoked violent attack on an unsuspecting victim. There seemed to be no point to the attack other than for the attacker to score some points with his thug buddies. It seemed to be "Hey there's some white guy! I'm going to punch him in the face."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There seemed to be no point to the attack other than for the attacker to score some points with his thug buddies. It seemed to be "Hey there's some white guy! I'm going to punch him in the face."
    Guess thats pretty courageous of the kid, if you wanna put blind siding somebody with a sucker punch into that category.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

Again, there are always punks. I am differentiating violent punks from kids with issues. They are not representative of all the youth in the USA. They are not representative of all the black youth in the USA.

They were more than likely playing "the knock-out game". It's been around for a bit:

a racist amusement called the "knock-out game," currently being played by black teenagers.

The game is as cruel and ignorant as it sounds. The only rule is to pick a victim and try to knock them out....They called it the "point 'em out, knock 'em out" game.
    Link...I'm sure there are others.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Again, there are always punks. I am differentiating violent punks from kids with issues. They are not representative of all the youth in the USA. They are not representative of all the black youth in the USA.
    Just like 1 racist that is white doesn't make all whites racist hmm?

a racist amusement called the "knock-out game," currently being played by black teenagers.
    And blacks wonder why whites look at them like animals. Thanks all to the man who was going to bring the races together. He's done more to drive them apart than anyone in history. Hitler would be proud.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy