Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I still think that Ann Coulter's solution is the correct one when dealing with islam: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."
    I've never quite understood how that happens. Let's say that Tariq takes Spain again. Would the Spanish convert to Islam or would they merely profess to have converted? As I understand it, such is the case in some places like Southeast Asia, where the people are officially Muslim, but they still retain the core and elements of their indigenous beliefs. I"ve read that Malays for example, are known to make prayers to kitchen gods, and then yell "There is no god but Allah" at the end of the prayer. Strange. And yet, apparently these same people sufficiently identify with Islam that they feel the need to "struggle" and to demand autonomy as they have in the Philippines.

Religion is a cancer, but Islam is pancreatic cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I've never quite understood how that happens. Let's say that Tariq takes Spain again. Would the Spanish convert to Islam or would they merely profess to have converted? As I understand it, such is the case in some places like Southeast Asia, where the people are officially Muslim, but they still retain the core and elements of their indigenous beliefs. I"ve read that Malays for example, are known to make prayers to kitchen gods, and then yell "There is no god but Allah" at the end of the prayer. Strange. And yet, apparently these same people sufficiently identify with Islam that they feel the need to "struggle" and to demand autonomy as they have in the Philippines.

Conversion is only effective for those who truly believe it.

By the way, Faith is the only salvation the people of this world have. It is a cure for the cancer of evil but for some the cure is rejected because they think that disease is better. To paraphase, the devil you know is better than the God you don't know.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Christians are not suppose to convert pagans at the point of a sword. Because some Christians have done this in the past doesn't mean that it is OK to do.
    I agree.

How about we slaughter all Taliban? No need for conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I agree.

How about we slaughter all Taliban? No need for conversion.
    As Mr. Piggy pointed out, there is always forgiveness.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    But but shooting young girls in school buses is part of their culture, their value choices are different than ours.
    Precisely. And so long as they stay over there they can celebrate their culture all they want. This incident is an AF/PAK problem.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    By the way, Faith is the only salvation the people of this world have. It is a cure for the cancer of evil but for some the cure is rejected because they think that disease is better. To paraphase, the devil you know is better than the God you don't know.
    I disagree. Individual faith is a very good barometer for how one should live their life. I don't think it has to be the same faith for everyone.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Precisely. And so long as they stay over there they can celebrate their culture all they want. This incident is an AF/PAK problem.
    Trouble is they don't 'stay over there'. Think 9/11.......................
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Think Occam's Razor, twinkletoes.

No, Islam is a cult; homosexuality is a cancer.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trouble is they don't 'stay over there'. Think 9/11.......................
    Then action is the proper course. But if the Taliban wants to run around cutting off noses and shooting educated girls in Afghanistan, so be it. It is terrible and I wish it didn't happen. But I put America first. Let's fix some of our issues before we start telling the world how to act.

Power Point Ranger

Think Occam's Razor, twinkletoes.

No, Islam is a cult; homosexuality is a cancer.
    Is there any science to back up homosexuality being a cancer? And I would disagree that Islam is a cult. Some sects of it, maybe. (Sufi) But as a whole, no.

Power Point Ranger